Wheel spacers. Does anyone know what thickness space to use for fitting j31 maxima 17s to a 1999 a33 maxima cheers

Page 1 / 2
crash-hdd, Apr 14, 5:56am
does anyone know what thickness space to use for fitting J31 maxima 17"s to a 1999 A33 maxima! cheers

ashwattau, Apr 14, 6:49am

crash-hdd, Apr 14, 6:56am
cheers for that. i will go looking for the off set for each unless you know them

twink19, Apr 14, 7:03am
will need to be certed

crash-hdd, Apr 14, 7:10am
really, why is that

ashwattau, Apr 14, 7:41am
it's the law.

johnf_456, Apr 14, 7:42am
They need to be certed, just get the correct size its much easier in the long run.

crash-hdd, Apr 14, 7:43am
its the law to get certed if you use spacers!

crash-hdd, Apr 14, 7:49am
cheers for the info

demons, Apr 14, 7:54am
only need certing if they are the non bolt on type.25 mm is max before certing for the bolt on ones have been thru 5 wofs and never said anything. and yes you can see them. show me proof if im wrong.

mr40cal, Apr 14, 8:18am
Land Transport Rule
Tyres and Wheels 2001
Rule 32013
Section 3.1 Modification
3.1(3)The fitting of wheel spacers to a vehicle is a modification that requires certification, unless the vehicle, wheel or axle manufacturer approves their use for a particular vehicle.

pretty bloody straight forward cobber

berg, Apr 14, 8:18am
From the VIRM
Wheel spacer means an additional component used for the purpose of positioning the wheel centre-disc relative to the hub or, in multiple wheel sets, for the purpose of positioning the wheel centre-disc relative to another wheel.
Fitting of or modification to:
LVV certification is not required provided that:
Aftermarket wheel fitments1
??? the wheels:
??

berg, Apr 14, 8:18am
Snap lol.

johnf_456, Apr 14, 8:19am
Ditto mr40cal and berg

sred69, Apr 14, 8:23am
+1 for needing cert

mr40cal, Apr 14, 8:27am
hhmmm no mr demon!

johnf_456, Apr 14, 8:29am
I look forward to demons reply.

berg, Apr 14, 8:33am
I look forward to knowing who does his WOFs. Be interesting to pay them a little visit.

offrd1, Apr 14, 8:41am
mr40cal wrote:

Land Transport Rule
Tyres and Wheels 2001
Rule 32013
Section 3.1 Modification
3.1(3)The fitting of wheel spacers to a vehicle is a modification that requires certification, unless the vehicle, wheel or axle manufacturer approves their use for a particular vehicle.

pretty bloody straight forward cobber[/quote

Not sure about that.just been through this with my Jeep [bolt on's ] it seems to be a grey area.i have checked with the cert guy and was told ok and both warrant places here also said was grey area and oked them [ i was intrigued so checked a few places ].NOW DON'T barrel me as i haven't a clue but no problems with warrant today.maybe my Jeep is an approved vehicle.lol.

mr40cal, Apr 14, 9:07am
you just lucky I reckon

offrd1, Apr 14, 9:15am
AND A PS here i could name at least 5 places here and Nelson that will warrant them [ my jeep anyway ] including a couple i'm guessing you would be surprised with,i asked specifically about certs as well.[ would not worry me about getting certed as the cert guy here is bloody good ] so JUST maybe it's not that black and white.i checked out lifts as well [ suspension and body ] as i had these done a few months back

neville48, Apr 14, 9:16am
Me too i reckon; my ford had spacers that passed the WOF in the grey area category. The info i went on was that i had to get longer studs fitted so the spacer, not an adapter with holes and studs, slid over them and the wheel went on next, all bolted up nice and snug and passed with flying colours.go figure huh.

pollymay, Apr 14, 9:23am
I went through cert with mine on and he said don't worry about it lol

Mine are only 10mm and not bolt on, just a sandwich plate. My wheel nuts still get way more than the minimum number of turns so whatever. The car handles funny without them cause it came standard with stagger and the current wheels are unstaggered.

demons, Apr 14, 10:44pm
well looks like to me im wrong and right. mine cost over 300 and were made for my car 1980 wb holden ute.rollin on 20"s. threre the bolt on type and john your opinon means squat

johnf_456, Apr 14, 11:49pm
Have you read the virm! I go by the virm.