1996 nissan maxima

madaz_james, Nov 3, 6:10am
mine is a 3L v6, I want to improve the fuel ecomny a little bit, what do you recomend with out saying get a smaller car as I need a big car with kidz

franc123, Nov 3, 6:14am
Maintain it by the book, keep the tyre pressures and wheel alignment bang on at all times, and go easy on the acceleration.Get the spark plugs and air/fuel filters changed, renew the thermostat if theres any doubt about how well its working, ie if the engine takes too long to warm up and also get a self diagnostic done with a scan tool to make sure that all the sensors are working as they should.

madaz_james, Nov 3, 6:24am
thanks heaps ay will change filter, just looked at where spark plugs are and there a coil above each one-looks like a big big job

msigg, Nov 3, 7:35am
Pump your tyres up and keep your foot of the gas.

ceebee2, Jan 27, 1:15am
I have owned one and fitting a replacement K&N filter (The same as the one removed, NOT a pod) improved performance and economy given the same driving conditions. I have also fitted to other petrol cars upper cylinder lubricators(Moreys) and was pleasantly surprised that this also has a similar effect. We used to install LPG / CNG units and a customer one day commented how this application on a non LPG / CNG modified engine increased performance and economy so I fitted one to my car and discovered just that.