Good diesel mechanic in Franklin District

xena25, Sep 18, 11:48pm
Can anyone recommend a mechanic for a small diesel truck in the Pukekohe/Tuakau region.Resonable prices and good service.

intrade, Sep 19, 12:00am
its never cheap when a diesel starts having problems .prevention is the key word on diesel. you as owner can do most of this your self.

mrfxit, Sep 19, 12:03am
LOL "not cheap"yeP THATS for sure.
$640 for a reco set of injectors & basic tuning on my 2.4T Surf last month
Goes a lot better but not starting cold as good as it used to & they won't sort it without costing extra.

intrade, Sep 19, 12:06am
coldstart is your glowplugs mrfixit. only other reason would be air from faulty fuelpump seal or low compression

intrade, Sep 19, 12:11am
most common reason for diesel problems are caused by ulsd-diesel and that is all you can get these days on pumps. ulsd-diesel does not lubricate correctly and causes any rubber seals to shrink and go hard . pervention of this is adding winns-edt flashlube or there likes. Additives that only add extra lube are chemtech, if you dont do this then you will have destrojed injector pump premature worn out injectors sooner or later. thats the basic and easy to prevent problem of today. but i posted that numerous times over the years now.

mrfxit, Sep 19, 10:11am
ONLY happened since the injectors were done.
Mmmm might have to check the connections myself.
Knowing my luck, it will be a fractured wire, timers working fine & the volts appear to drop accordingly to how long the timer is on for so not sure.
Glow plugs are only about 2 years old, last set had gone rusty on top before they failed.

hopie, Sep 19, 11:21pm
Franklin motors in crosby road pukekohe.

hopie, Sep 19, 11:22pm
but if you can get out to Bombay go to the bombay mobil workshop accross from the Caltex, jim knows all

intrade, Sep 20, 2:47am
The glowplugs get rooted regularly when the injectors are not fully new. My hilux poops one every now and again. What hapens is when the injector spraypattern gets out of alignment due to wear it sprays on to the glowplug and causes damage to the plug over time . Now new commonrail direct injectors burn a hole in the piston if they constantly spray not in to the piston designed mould.use a Diesel additive like winns edt or flashlube or chemtech if you just want to prevent injector and pump wear. I guarantee you one of your glowers is dead

intrade, Sep 20, 2:50am
my fiat nuked a few plugs also got sick of it and found plugs from a nissan also fit but they are shorther no problem since takes longer to glow as they are a slower plug but no problems with dead ones as it wont spray on to the now shorter plug .

geminidragon, Sep 20, 8:55am
i find on my bighorn if i turn key on till glow goes out and the repeatit not only starts better it runs smoother

intrade, Sep 20, 9:02am
some of the isusu start with almost all glowplugs dead. the hilux makes problem when 1 is dead already .