Police (red & blue) roof light bar

treachug, Sep 18, 10:31am
Hi all, I have in my posession (legally) an (older) roof light bar from NZ police, with red & blue (& one spare blue lens). Am thinking age around '87 but unsure.
I am thinking of listing it but want some ideas as to its value.plus ensuring it gets used legally.if that means selling only with two blue lenses - so be it.
I know there are a few guys restoring Police cars but want to ensure I get a fair price - not too high nor too cheap.lol some of us got to survive!

whqqsh, Sep 18, 5:22pm
theres been few retro ones come up occasionally, prices vary, usually a couple of hundy or a bit less, whether they sell or not I havent taken notice

msigg, Sep 18, 7:03pm
whqqsh is correct.

treachug, Sep 18, 7:20pm
Thanks for the replies. Had a look at the sellers items, mine is same as one of his listings so might have to take my chances.

kazbanz, Sep 18, 8:06pm
treachug---you can sell it. You can even fit it to a car not being driven. But when being "used" the lights need to be covered or swap the lens to an orange/yellw lens

pitchey, Sep 19, 6:33am
Hes a bit of a rip that fella.

treachug, Sep 19, 8:03am
yeah thats why we got an extra red lens - we were told to destroy the blue lens for obvious reasons.we did that.yeah right.lol
The intention was to use on a push vehicle at the speedway & they do not go off the property anyway.
Had already provided one light bar & this one never quite got there & sat in the garage for a few years

n1smo_gtir, Sep 19, 9:25am
it's a monopoly game here. The company that makes them for nz police would not sell it to average Joe.

studio1, Sep 19, 10:07am
I have a late model MX7000 light-bar with all RED lenses on it. Same as the most recent ones used on NZ Police vehicles (the ones not already converted to LED).
I can get more. I can (legally) get sirens and strobe lights and almost any other item attached to a police car or fire engine, but it's not something I want to do at the moment so I don't bother.

Regardless of colour of lenses, they can legally be fitted to any vehicle as per comment #6.
There are some conditions however - such as covering the lightbars when the vehicle is being driven on the road etc.There are plenty of collectors out there with 'vintage' emergency services vehicles.
There is a club for emergency service vehicles here: http://nzevc.yolasite.com/and an interesting site to look around here: http://www.111emergency.co.nz/

nzdoug, Sep 20, 6:29am
Kuala motors in Green Bay akl have a us cop machine or service one.
Give them a google and say hello.
Im sure they canset you straight.