Holden SS Ute

giveitnines, Sep 15, 8:04am
Just keen to hear from anyone who owns one. good cars! how much roughly do they cost to run! looking pretty seriosly at getting one for myself. Cheers

a.woodrow, Sep 15, 8:05am
which model are you looking at!

crankypants69, Sep 15, 9:06am
I have a standard vy ss, fuel average is around 15l/100km which is mostly around town driving but drops heaps on the open road (depending how you drive obviously). Had it a couple of years with no issues at all

z0e.., Sep 15, 9:33am
have got 2005 ss vz v8 manual. awesome ute plenty of power and look great with a few mods. neva had any probs

lazzo, Sep 15, 9:58am
If you're concerned about running costs you perhaps shouldn't be looking at a V8. I consistently get asked all the time "what's it cost to run" and to be honest I don't know or care, I just fill it up when it's empty and service when it's due.

kecal, Sep 16, 2:45am
lazzoi to have a vy v8 iam of the same mind just fill it when empty and service when required, if iam worried about the amount of $$$ ill sell it

lazzo, Sep 16, 2:54am
Mine is actually a BF Falcon XR8 ute with the 6 speed auto, but it's still the same principal as the Commodore. I think many V8 owners have the same "don't know don't care" attitude I have towards the running costs, I still stand by my recommendation that if you're concerned about it don't buy one.

corky, Sep 16, 4:10am
2005 VZ. SS 15lts / 100ks around town, 10lts / 100ks highway driving. Had it 4 years and $$ per k has never been part of the equation.

raymond00001, Sep 16, 4:16am
Never mind ther running cost, whats the insurance on something like that!

whqqsh, Sep 16, 4:27am
just bought & insured my V8 'coon wagon & insurance company didnt want to know until I told them we'd look elsewhere with our policies with them on our home, contents & other 2 cars as well. We got them down to $23/month for TP,F&T

cowboy110, Sep 16, 5:33am
Pretty good question.Mines a 2006 SV8. Running costs are pretty reasonable as others have said.12-14l/100ks around town.10 or under on a trip.If you can do the oil and filter changes yourself (real easy on a LS1) you're on a winner.Insurance for me.$412 a year.I guess a lot depends on company, package, history etc so will be different for others.Just be prepared to hand over your first born if you're planning on having it serviced at a Holden dealer. Try and find a mechanic or even hotrod shop who does a lot of work on V8's.You won't need to take out a mortgage on the house.

giveitnines, Sep 16, 9:44am
awesome cheers for the info. yeah looking either VY or VZ. have always serviced all my cars at home so that shouldnt be an issue.