O/T Jazz , was right about the cops.

andrea_w, Sep 13, 11:29am
I'm not surprised.
I called the cops on a suspected drunk driver a few weeks back. followed him for kms while talking to Coms, even made it clear we were approaching. then passing the police station just off Constellation Dr.
"sorry, we've got no one in the area"
WTF! They're the ones who preach on and on about the dangers of drink driving and they won't follow up a suspected driver who literally drove passed a police station! (same sorta deal in that linked thread)

.and for those who want to know how that ended - I kept following this guy because I had a feeling something really bad would happen to him, a pedestrian, another motorist etc. he took the motorway out west and I noticed a police car sitting at the top of an onramp, I immediately put my hazards on and he spotted me, then pulled this guy over shortly after.
Turns out he wasn't drunk at all. he had just worked a very long day and was fatigued.
Really highlights just how dangerous a fatigued driver can be!
This guy nearly had a head on, nearly hit another car due to cutting a corner at an intersection by a loooong way, swerving, sitting in the middle of the road, fluctuating speeds, no indicators etc etc.

andrea_w, Sep 14, 10:09am
Hmm I guess that's possible too! Whatever he was/wasn't on, he definitely shouldn't have been driving
This happened on a friday evening (around 6pm) and he was driving a trade type vehicle so my assumption was he'd just been at the pub after a long weeks work

outbidyou2, Sep 14, 10:41am
yeah, doesnt pay to assume, ass

a18a, Sep 14, 10:45am
I thought your story was gonna end with "then I got stopped and fined for talking on my cellphone while driving."

andrea_w, Sep 14, 11:12am
haha that would have been the icing on the cake. I probably would have told the cop where to go if he tried though