Nissan turbo?

kelliedyke, Sep 13, 4:46am
i JUST GOT MY CAR A MANAUL CONVERSION. now what do i need for a turbo! can someone please help with all the gears i need and be specific.
NISSAN PULSAR N14 HATCH

thankyou (:!
its just standard 1.6 litre engine.

motorboy2011, Sep 13, 4:51am
sell it and buy a gtir.

un_known, Sep 13, 5:00am
normally im all for working with what u have. but in this case im with motorboy, except gtir's still fetch decent prices so just get a cheap WRX or GSR then you'll be cool and still have enough money for a new cap and a box of cody's

1ollie, Sep 13, 5:06am
My real advise is sell it and buy something better to modify!

But if you do this and do it properly you will need a custom turbo manifold $400-600, a turbo from a Nissan 180SX/Turbo Bluebird(T25), Mitsubishi GSR(TD04), Mazda GTX or similar $100-200, a intercooler $100-200, custom intake & intercooler piping $200-400, new exhaust $600, bigger injectors like some 450cc $100-150, an aftermarket ECU to control it like a Link G4 Atom $1600 and then add in the labor for wiring, fabrication, fitting and then tuning $1000-2000 and you are looking at a easy $4000 if you have a few hook ups and probably closer to $5000 if you have to pay for everything

mrfxit, Sep 13, 5:40am
PLUS. not be able to run as high as boost as you would with a proper turbo engine

mrfxit, Sep 13, 5:40am
Unless of course you don't mind a short life span

motorboy2011, Sep 13, 5:51am
pulsar = $$$$$$$$ to turbo properly. cheaper would be a rb powered nissan and either chuck a whole turbo engine in ($1200 ish) or +t it, which to be honest will end up costing much the same with a tune.

My cousins rb25de+t r33 is slightly faster than my factory turbo stagea. with a tune, his will eat mine. cost him $300 for the turbo, $250 for the intercooler, $90 for an exhaust and $120 for the injectors.

cypherboy, Sep 13, 6:10am
Ive just finished converting my N14 1.6 into running a SR20VE from a Primera. I did all work myself apart from the exhaust and electrical. Big job, took another N14 Donor car and a month or 4 of weekend labour. If you were to pay a workshop to do the job.Cha Ching!

morrisman1, Sep 13, 7:41am
Not worth it on a GA16, they are good engines but not worth turboing because good gearboxes are hard to get and theres not much aftermarket performance parts around.

Instead of making it go fast in a straight line, make it go fast around corners, you will enjoy that far better. For the price of a proper turbo conversion you could get coilovers, GTiR brake upgrade at front, a big rear sway bar and some new nolathane bushes

oh and best thing you can do to a GA16 is a set of headers and a 2.25" straight through exhaust. Factory manifold is a joke. Later model GA16 cams are better than earlier ones. Moving timing to 15°BTDC to improve mid range torque.