Nissan 300zx

tania1980, Oct 18, 5:55am
Hey folks im looking at this car to buy listing number 415936554
what do u guys reckon . How much would it be worth thanks

ginga4lyfe, Oct 18, 6:26am
Well worth 3500 IMO, But be aware that they are a higher maintanance vehicle, and that if something goes wrong it may cost a bit to fix, as anything on those engines is a bitch to fix on them!

moosie_21, Oct 18, 6:29am
I'd offer $3K and see where it goes from there. Wouldn't mind having one with a spare $2K just in case. It looks to be in pretty average condition. I'd ask to see some more pictures (e.g. engine bay, drivers side, all around the car and underside). It's pretty much Russian roulette whether it will blow up on you next week or go forever.

unbeatabull, Oct 18, 6:55am
Its one of the NZ 300zx Club members cars that one.

They are great cars to drive, great fun, plenty of power and plenty of options for more power.

Working on them on the other hand is an absolute Pain in the ass. Time consuming. Parts are fairly cheap but you will spend quite a bit of time on them!

Just quietly I think a TT 300zx under 5k is a steal! They have similar performance to the R32/33/34 GTRs - They have 300bhp stock! And the manual ones are well documented to beat a 350z as well! I am slightly bias though :)

fordcrzy, Oct 18, 7:02am
just be aware that if anything goes wrong like an oil leak or something like a turbo dies you are looking at a 5 grand bill. those carsEAT money.
a work mate had one that burnt oil on 1 turbo.they had to pull the motor.cambelt/water pump/gaskets/ valve guide seals etc etc.kissed goodbye to $7 GRAND!

unbeatabull, Oct 18, 7:08am
They did get all the cambelt, valve guid sealsetc etc done though - for all that you would probably look at 7grand on just about any car!

andrea_w, Jan 1, 7:06pm
.and tools.
If youdrop one in the engine bay, don't expect to find it.