Mazda 6 MPS Opininos

aviator02, Oct 6, 2:09am
^^ (Opinions not Opininos)
Hi Guys,
I've been looking at Mazda 6 MPS as a possible upgrade and just wanting to know opinions of anyone who may have had some experience with them. I mainly want to know reliability, any common strengths and weaknesses and just any general opinions about the cars.
Cheers,

mugenb20b, Oct 6, 2:24am
Nice cars to drive, good power and reliability, but expensive compared to a Ford Mondeo.which is very similar mechanically to the Mazda 6.

craig04, Oct 6, 2:46am
Not the MPS. 190kw AWD.Nice car!

franc123, Oct 6, 3:37am
The MPS is pretty well regarded overall, haven't heard of any real problems with them. As with any turbo awd car a good thorough assessment by an expert to make sure you aren't getting a thrashed undermaintained molested dog is a good idea, although this is far less likely to happen with one of those than say a B4 Legacy or suchlike.

sport_billy, Oct 11, 6:34pm
Check out the rear diff (for whine), rear shocks, rear driveshafts, vvti actuators ( a rattle) engine mounts (stock ones can be weak and wear) and of course the turbo (usually not bad but check any turbo car for smoke and oil seepage).

Also, some may have had a kit installed on the clutch by Mazda themselves - some cats had issues with a heavy/abrupt clutch take up and this was solved with a kit supplied and fitted by Mazda.

I'm thinking of getting a 6 MPS myself and from research the above issues seem to be the main ones.