Mazda 6. I39m thinking of downsizing my car and quite like the look of the newer mazdas anyone on here know much about them

jarrod261, Nov 6, 10:00pm
I'm thinking of downsizing my car and quite like the look of the newer Mazdas.
Anyone on here know much about them!

therafter1, Nov 6, 10:11pm
Google is your friend . http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com/2003-to-2008-mazda-6-2.htm

I service vehicles for a living and all we ever get Mazda 6 and 3's for is servicing and WOFS.

In saying that I have an 07 Mazda 3 (NZ new SP23 with same engine as the 6's) with 47k on the clock and the heating circuit in the pre cat oxy sensor failed bringing up an engine check light. Mazda wanted $499.10 for the sensor. I eventually got one for $324.00, still a bit pricey I thought and I was disappointed that the sensor failed at such a young age/low Km's !

trdbzr, Nov 6, 10:11pm
They are pretty good cars, no common problems and they do about 8.7L/100km on city driving. One thing i have noticed is that the first Mazda 6 had abit more interior space than the facelift one and the new one, nothing major but you can see it. They are quite popular at the moment so do expect to pay abit more for them than similar cars with similar age and km.

franc123, Nov 6, 10:15pm
Yep they are a good car in every way and the used prices reflect this, especially if you are after a lowish km example.

jarrod261, Nov 6, 10:17pm
So whats the difference between the mazda sp20 and mazda 6! or are they the same!

therafter1, Nov 6, 10:25pm
Completely different car and engine is all

trdbzr, Nov 6, 10:27pm
A sp20 is pretty much a mazda 3, mazda 6 is a different car, the engines are the same but the body is diffrent.

trdbzr, Nov 6, 10:47pm
Yeah its the older one I would avoid, they had very weak gearboxes.

jarrod261, Feb 5, 12:17pm
cheers for the replies folks.
have got a couple to check out today.