Rattling come from back wheel

2ndbesttrader, Oct 4, 5:29am
When I am accelerating there is a rattling noise coming from back wheel area and also it seems to be coming from mid/axel area. It seems to make the noise all the time except when I have the clutch in or when I sort of when I am drifting. It also is worse when accelerating up hill.

Anyone know what this could be

andrea_w, Oct 4, 5:37am
With that awesome description, not a clue.
Have you actually had a look under the car yourself!

2ndbesttrader, Oct 4, 5:40am
No I don't know what to look for

andrea_w, Oct 4, 5:43am
Err. anything that can rattle would be my first guess, ie - worn bushes, any loose bolts etc

skin1235, Oct 4, 5:49am
on a rear drive car with independent rears would say check the inner uni's, on a front drive I'd still say the same ( if you don't know the difference enough to not bother telling us which it is, what model and year, it could be as simple as check the wheel nuts or take the kink out of the exhaust system) sorry need a little more info - make and model for a start, any recent workl done, any tyre changes lately, when was last wof, last service, when were the rear brakes last done etc would also help but probably not so essential

bill-robinson, Oct 4, 6:01am
just keep driving it, or peferably drifting as it will break, then you will know what to fix. easy as

mugenb20b, Oct 4, 6:08am
Take the car to a garage. No point asking here if you don't know what to look for.and don't drift on public roads.

bashfulbro, Oct 4, 6:15am
Loose wheel nuts !

saxman99, Oct 4, 6:44am
I think OP might mean "coasting" rather than "drifting".

Maybe.

the_chooky, Oct 4, 6:45am
Jack it up. Make sure it's secure on axle stands and crawl under with a torch and have a look.
Get a bar, and heave on everything that looks like it moves. it's amazing what you can find by having a look.