1973 Charger paint job - original colour or not?

Page 1 / 2
vix.tribe, Oct 8, 5:47am
Would you paint it the original colour (white, boring!) or pick a colour you like!

gmphil, Oct 8, 5:50am
Car like that original can get somenice whites these days

bmwnz, Oct 8, 5:52am
I agree, keep it white but maybe consider a pearl (metallic) finish!
Mine was silver and there's no colour more boring than a silver car.

edangus, Oct 8, 5:56am
Personally, change it, but change it to a more flattering original colour.

trogedon, Oct 8, 5:56am
White can look good on some cars. Dress it up with some black Charger stripes.

gunhand, Oct 8, 5:59am
Keep it white, or at the very least a colour that chargers came out in. If its just a plain charger with no special bits , like a E49 E55 etc etc well yea changeya colour, but still in a factory one. If its a factory 8 or hipo 6 keep it as factory as you can.
Anda pearl white charger, hmmmm.NA.
Nothing wrong with white either when its all nice a clean and shiny with chrome and othe highlights. Plus one of the easyist colours to be seen.

stevo2, Oct 8, 6:03am
agreed. they look boring as a plain white but all the stripes make them look cool/

vix.tribe, Oct 8, 6:04am
*sigh*

Well that bit me in the backside didn't it.I quite fancy an awesome metallic green or bright blue.Himself wants the original white.

According to Hey Charger it's an E38 engine, 770 VH, with all the right numbers. Himself says painting it something other than white will devalue it.I say he's colourblind so he's never really going to know what colour it is!

gunhand, Oct 8, 6:10am
If your keeping it forever then it dosn't really matter in the end, however if you do wish to sell it later on painting some non factory colour may well devalue it. They are a rare enough car now as it is.

bwg11, Oct 8, 6:44am
Check out Suzuki's current "Snow white pearl". Very white and looks really smart.

vix.tribe, Oct 8, 6:51am
There's no denying that's a damn sexy butt! (not sure if I can say the "a" word in here!)

What did you get for it, if you don't mind me asking, and how long ago!

jason18, Oct 8, 6:52am
Who owns it! You or him!

jason18, Oct 8, 6:56am
I painted my 71 Valiant hemi orange.

vix.tribe, Oct 8, 6:58am
He does - but he's colour blind so sends me to buy the paint.You see the problem. ;-)

jason18, Oct 8, 6:59am
Oh damn it hahaha.

vix.tribe, Oct 8, 7:05am
LOL

He does like orange, it's not my favourite though.

attitudedesignz, Oct 8, 7:08am
I sold it for $5k late 2008. It was a 265 & 4 speed but body was pretty rotten.

gunhand, Oct 8, 7:10am
Do you know the process to paint pearl whites, Most painters curl at the toes abit when asked to them, there are very good reasons lol.

ceebee2, Oct 8, 7:13am
Have you seen how much Chargers are trying to sell for.I would keep it the original colour to fetch the ridiculously inflated prices they are trying to sell for.

attitudedesignz, Oct 8, 7:14am
Except us good ones aye gun'.-
.oh that's right.i don't do that anymore haha.

rob_man, Oct 8, 7:16am
White pearl looks a bit gay anyway. The original colour for the Charger is probably Polar White which is a fairly soft creamy sort of white and it did like pretty good on those. The Aussie version was a little bit cleaner and whiter.

gunhand, Oct 8, 7:20am
No, no you don't lol. I painted a car twice the size of a charger in a pearl white. Took all day and im sure I lost a few hairs and Kgs.I would say went grey but that hasn't happened yet.

gunhand, Oct 8, 7:23am
That reminds of a Aussie colour varient I seen the other day. Most say redder, cleaner, darker redder and so on. Whoever named this varient came up with.
More redder.MORE REDDER!

attitudedesignz, Oct 8, 7:28am
Ya mean Arctic White, code 4558/5466 (1973)

xpfairmont, Oct 8, 8:02am
original