1973 Charger paint job - original colour or not?

Page 2 / 2
vix.tribe, Oct 8, 8:14am
That's a REALLY sexy orange!

irenew, Oct 8, 8:16am
Wrong word Nazi at your service sir.

cuda.340, Oct 8, 8:24am
if you're doing a complete respray, under hood, in the door jams type thing then yes, paint it another Mopar colour of your choice, white was not the most flattering colour for a Charger. if it's only just an over the top respray then stick to it's original colour.
each to their own on the Orange colour but my preference is Street Hemi Orange, it was the richest Orange in the Mopar colour chart.

rob_man, Oct 8, 8:32am
That must be the Aussie one! the code for Polar White was PW on the Todd Motors cars.
Edit, if it has the E38 motor then it must be Aussie assembled.

vix.tribe, Oct 8, 6:37pm
Nice!

The orange is quite sexy isn't it.Always makes me think of the General Lee though.Love the green one.

sifty, Oct 8, 7:10pm
What cuda said, depends how far back you are stripping/spraying it.

What about white with black bonnet and stripes!
looks good in stevos pics.

chebry, Oct 8, 7:41pm
Haqd a white Charger a 73 white was thje factory paint the rust coloured holes all around the lower body was after market Who cared with 245 n 4 speed with Fat tyres and Lukey muffler it was the best $300 bomb I could find in Adelaide.

nzeva, Oct 8, 8:36pm
If your car still has its original motor and black number plates, best to keep the original colour too, as factory standard cars are worth more than restored ones. A friend with a 1972 charger still has its original paint.looking a bit sad now, but the trend these days is to keep the original paint as long as possible, just touch it up. I've seen heaps of classic cars at shows with their original paint down to the undercoat in places.lol

elect70, Oct 8, 9:47pm
Gofoburnt orange& black stripes

gman35, Oct 8, 10:37pm
Or the lime green w/stripes , either way I reckon it's got to be bright & bold.

hopie, Oct 8, 11:26pm
Matt black