Speed camera tolerances

Page 1 / 3
tigress49, Oct 18, 9:04pm
I see the 4kph tolerance this weekend for speed cameras is back.Do more than 4kph over the 100kph speed limit and the speed camera will clock you. Fair enough!I also see that the tolerance for cars towing trailers, caravans, boats etc (as well as for heavy vehicles) is going to be enforced from this weekend onwards at their limit of 90pmh with a tolerance of 4kph so do 95 or over and Click! .and that 90kmh enforcement on trucks light trailers etc will continue after Labour weekend. Hmmm!

the-lada-dude, Oct 18, 9:34pm
well i've often said that those non manned speed cameras are a joke ! if a truck goes past one at 100 kit won't take a photo, because it doesn'y know the difference between truck or car or car towing trailer !
if your on a m/cycle you can go past at 200+ k, the thing may take a photo, but then what

splinter67, Oct 18, 9:36pm
they have several of me on a motorcycle usually with one finger extended

thejazzpianoma, Oct 18, 10:01pm
If you are going to support this nonsense at least have the honesty to call it what it is.

Its less than a 1km/h tolerance with radar (because its not even accurate to 3km/h) speed camera is a bit more.

Perhaps you would like to explain what is so "fair enough" about a campaign that tells such outrageous lies that if it was a private company doing it they would be done under the fair trading act.

thejazzpianoma, Oct 18, 10:06pm
Oh and while you are about it, perhaps you would like to explain how the speed camera that gets setup in the middle of the passing lane near me during these less than 1km/h tolerance weekends is improving safety!

Its obscured until the last minute and all I see is two lanes cars slamming their brakes on creating scary situations and near misses when they do this.

The rest of the time that passing lane seems to operate just fine.

You are a product of social engineering, blatant propaganda and a generational trend of not doing your own math tigress. I suggest if you are getting behind a cause that you actually do your own thinking and fact checking first, you owe it to the rest of society and yourself.

maximan, Oct 18, 10:25pm
just got a letter at work from the police, new software in speed cameras that will let them target trucks doing over 95 kph.that is the tolerance they have set.lets hope it will also ping all those cars that tow boats, trailers etc.

flack88, Oct 18, 10:45pm
I hope they dont get them,rather they going quicker than holding up traffic,Heavy trucks these days are are far cry from the old stuff,braking is unreal,with discs on trailers,ebs etc.Same as towing vehicles,look at the new utes now,with braked trailers a 100 is safe in the right conditions,with a driver aware the weight.

johnf_456, Oct 18, 10:47pm
You know when thejazzpianoma is back

fordkiwi27, Oct 18, 10:48pm
tell him what you really mean!

nightsky1, Oct 18, 10:55pm
Jazz stay away from the speeding posts.
A lot of us rely on your opinions on car matters and we don't want you getting all fired up.

gedo1, Oct 19, 4:53am
Whew, Tigress49!Are you okay! I can almost sense the claw marks Jazz has inflicted.Is it you that insisted that the lowered tolerances be in place this weekend!Must have been since you have copped (oooh sorry - awful pun!) the fury of the jazzmon.

gedo1, Oct 19, 4:55am
Don't you know by now that to show even the slightest - even unintentional - support for anything law related which jazz despises will get you hung drawn and quartered!Now to Jazz. where does Tigress49 support the tolerances.I read it that they have kept to their "promises" by putting the lowered tolerance in place for the long weekend.I also read into Tigress's post that he/she had read about it and was warning us not to get caught - thus frustrating "their" desire to catch us. Fair enough!Yep, fair enough.Thanks Tigress!

gedo1, Oct 19, 5:01am
It's all in that last few letters of the Tigress post.quote "Hmmm" unquote. Generally a sound that indicates someone thinking before they endorse or condemn I reckon.LOL

taipan4, Oct 19, 5:08am
what is "90 pmh"please check your spellinking lol

johnf_456, Oct 19, 5:09am
Nothing wrong with driving slower thejazzpianomaand taking your time to get your destination rather than get stressed by someone doing 5k slow than what you would expect.

As for passing if you cannot pass without breaking the speed limit don't pass, driving slow is not going to cause loss of life :P

tigress49, Oct 19, 5:18am
Hmmm is right!Ged'O Thank you for your defence of my post and, my, my, are you a mind reader!You have defined exactly why i put that post in. Well done!I did not expect to be attacked as a messenger but it is indicative of the compulsive paranoia that some people possess to burst into "print" with their hatred of anything that impinges on their own fanciful thoughts of their importance.Not saying that is the case here, of course, but those of you who have a history of accessing this MB can make up your own minds I am sure.Jazzpianoma asks a few questions in his responses. but must know that I am not in a position to answer them.For example the speed camera in the passing lane near your place etc.Mr Jazzpianoma, what did the responsible authorities tell you when you complained as i am sure you did, eh!I depart now laughing.

tigress49, Oct 19, 5:20am
.please note my use of the lower case "i" when referring to my self in that last entry.It was deliberate as I did not want to infuriate anyone by assuming i was important enough to rate a standout capital letter "I"

smac, Oct 19, 5:26am
Hmmm.

thejazzpianoma, Oct 19, 5:32am
Thanks, smac - the reading comprehension is strong in this one.

tigress49, Oct 19, 5:34am
You didn't answer my question mr j.

tigress49, Oct 19, 5:40am
I was wondering if a use of colloquial rhetoric would cause lumps - thus, further, wondered if a text book on proper language for use on message boards was in the offing.You are going to do that are you not mr j!
It would fit with your criticisms and so on. By the way I believe you are a knowledgeable erudite chap and appreciate the opportunity for the light hearted banter.(Well my side is intended to be such)

thejazzpianoma, Oct 19, 5:44am
Sadly tiress, it's dinner time. Let me leave you with a message from another Alex (whom I don't always agree with but in this case feels appropriate)

http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=n8WhT9BwpRs

gedo1, Oct 19, 5:55am
May I; on behalf of Tigress who seems to have gone off to get her family their dinner and the dishes washed and so on (me living dangerously!); point out that the correct grammar would be (with whom I don't always agree.ah heck say it how yer like. we understand!

bashfulbro, Oct 19, 6:21am
Wrong. the cameras now, can and do differentiate between heavy and light vehicles.and the tolerance for heavy vehicles, at all times, not just long weekends, is 5 Kph. .When the transport industry lobbied to set the 90kph limit for all heavy vehicles, ,they were told that a 5 kph tolerance would apply.The old limits where a Truck and Trailer could only do 80kph , butothers could do 90 was bloody ridiculous,and had to be changed.

mark.52, Oct 19, 7:51am
I like Jazz's attitude to speed cameras/social conditioning/brainwashing etc.

I think I'm going to try channeling him.