Boost installation to a hilux 1kz-te

fish_n_doodles, Oct 18, 7:43am
wanting to install a boost gauge into my hilux, where do i connect the tee to run my pipe that runs to the gauge
any help would be great
Thanks

intrade, Oct 18, 7:46am
intake pipe usually where it enters the intake manifold, dont know what your hoping to gain from this you wating to be a boyracer or something .

fish_n_doodles, Oct 18, 7:53am
hard out,
na just trying to see what my truck is doing,
keeping it well out of site, dont wana get called a nob jocky lol

kumarakid, Oct 18, 2:33pm
I think you'd be wanting to install an EGT (exhaust gas temperature) guage first to get good info and see how your boost is affecting temps.

snoopy221, Oct 18, 4:05pm
2L-T OR 1K-Z AGREED
Best advice.

1ollie, Oct 18, 10:49pm
Why do you hate boost gauges intrade! its just stupid really! if you have a turbo vehicle that any part of the turbo system has been modified then it is a very smart idea just so you can keep an eye on whats going on every now and again or if a problem arises you can see what boost is doing! you do not have to paint your interior white, get neon's for under the vehicle and go buy a huge boost gauge with heaps of colors and mount it on your pillar so everyone can see it you know right!

ceebee2, Oct 19, 12:09am
+ turbo timer.

v8power, Oct 19, 2:42am
LOL because intrade would prefer everyone to spend money on diesel fuel additives.

sparkles_bc, Oct 19, 3:14am
OP - look near the throttle body and around the beginning of the intake manifold, usually there will be a port to connect a map sensor or boost gauge. Sometimes you will need to tee into an existing tube but if you're lucky you might have a free port you can remove the cap(!) and run your line from there without needing a tee.