Hilux Injector Problem

beetle46, Jan 17, 6:51am
yeah service agent or dirty fuel certinly not our motor or our problemhahaha what a joke
just another thread about this topic

pig-gal, Jul 16, 9:49am
Had injectors, seals & fuel pipes replaced today on our 2007 D4D& what a difference! The sound of the steel hammer trying to bash it's way out of the motor has disappeared, should stop me getting funny looks in the morning on the way to work I hope.

rob_man, Jul 16, 9:54am
Quite common for those apparently.

franc123, Jul 16, 9:59am
That work is a service item apparantely, whoopee. No wonder pre 2005 Hiluxes are holding their value so well. Was it injectors or just the seals that were replaced!

pig-gal, Jul 16, 10:10am
Injectors, seals & fuel pipes.

franc123, Jul 16, 10:21am
Yes of course, if it has cured the knocking. That will have lightened the wallet a fair bit

for_an_angel, Jul 16, 10:24am
1200would be what it cost

beetle46, Jul 23, 10:05am
1200 dont tell me toyota have admitted these motors have a serious flaw with them only took 6 years

gadgit3, Jul 23, 10:32pm
No flaw. Water contanimation is what kills them

intrade, Jul 24, 11:51am
better add a additive to your diesel now or you will have mutch more expensive bills next "chemtech, wins-edt, or flashlube" .

andrew241, Jul 24, 7:32pm
Yeah thats what they tell you.Toyota thinks most kiwis are suckers. And its our crap fuel blah blah.If toyota are smart enough to build an engine that runs such fine tolances (sp) they are smart enough to build a filtter to macth.Funny how mitzi and nissan dont have this problem (they are common rail also).

gadgit3, Jul 24, 7:55pm
Dont they! are you sure about that! They are using the same Denso injectors. and I'm sure if you phone a Co like Diesel Service Centre they will conferm all the makes are having the same issues. Just there are more Hilux on the road so it would seem they are the only ones.

andrew241, Jul 25, 6:54am
Well in our fleet our mitzi & nissan havent missed a beat,However one of our v8 Landcruisers has been nothing but grief.What made it worse were the lies we were told.How ever after 18 months of being a nice guy,I realy lost the plot,And painted 2 sheets of plywood up with Dont buy a Toyota and locked it up outside a Toyota dealership,dumped the keys on the counter and told them it was in their best intrests to move the piece of shit and dont ring me until it was fixed propley.I tell you one thing for free its the best service I got from Rotorua Toyota.

zephyrheaven, Jul 25, 7:14am
Is it still drinking a L of oil every 5000Km like all the other ones!

pig-gal, Jul 25, 9:34am
Yep was $1200 fitted. The service manager told me they are only doing this deal on the 2006/7 Hilux's. Apparently the later model Hilux's are fine &the Prados & Hiace's haven't given trouble. He did say some of my model were fitted with crook injectors. I know of another one owned by a mate who had it from new who had his injectors replaced at 30,000k under warranty at no cost at all.

andrew241, Jul 25, 9:46am
We have got it down to 500ml per 7500km we are not using gtx diesel oil anymore.I carnt remember what it is but ill look it up if you would like to know.