Where to get new remotes for my car alarm?

disco_super_fly, Oct 18, 12:12am
My one and only remote is near karking it. Where can I get a couple of new remotes! And what should I be expecting to pay! Thankyouuu

lyonruge, Oct 18, 1:01am

lk104, Oct 18, 1:06am
The Crystal ball is a little foggy!

gadgit3, Oct 18, 1:19am
If factory fitted then go to the dealer of what ever make your car is. If it's after market then a place like mad sounds could help, or any alarm installing auto sparky but they will need to know what the make and model of the alarm is.

tuttyclan, Oct 18, 1:24am
How long have you had the remotes.It may be just the battery needs replacing.Use a little phillips screwdriver and take out the old battery and try a new one.

disco_super_fly, Oct 18, 2:23am
Haha it's not the battery :) The casing doesn't close properly and the buttons don't sit inline with the buttons on the circuit board. it's getting super niggly and choses when it wants to work. Time for new ones me thinks

disco_super_fly, Oct 18, 2:24am
Cheers thankyou! Any idea how mucho!

johnf_456, Oct 18, 2:38am
Would you like some rain x to stop it fogging up (:o

n1smo_gtir, Oct 18, 2:40am
well what brand is your car alarm for a start. brand new remotes for the likes ofAVS, mongoose can go for near 100 bucks mark, more or so less, you could have a look on here, else failing that mr minit key cutters do replacement remotes for certain brands too.

n1smo_gtir, Oct 18, 2:43am
if it's a common alarm like uniden or the likes you could prob get away with finding a whole alarm system replacement with the remotes for similar price and swap the main unit with the one in your car thus you don't have to pay for all the rewiring jobs. unclip the wiring harness off old controller, plug into new controller and remotes preprogrammed to the new unit.

sparkles_bc, Oct 18, 2:43am
Depending on your model, between $80 and $180 usually.
Some models like Dynatron from what I remember are only sold in pairs too. There are sellers on TM who sell the remote much less than retail but you will need to program them yourself (usually easy - google instructions)

n1smo_gtir, Oct 18, 2:44am
BAHAHAHA

a18a, Oct 18, 2:53am
i laughed

daryl14, Oct 18, 3:26am
Sheesh doesn't anyone ever do a search before starting a new thread!
Good prices can be had here:http://www.autokey.co.nz/

disco_super_fly, Oct 18, 4:35am
Sorry mate, your negativity isn't welcome, dunno why you'd even waste your precious time typing that. Thankyou to everyone else for posting useful information :)

74nova, Oct 18, 5:00am
Before any one can supply you with the info your after we need to know what the remotes are! after market! factory to the car! what!

daryl14, Oct 18, 7:16am
Have to come over as a grumpy-cun on here or else the trolls will get you.
Thought I'd given you the two best bits of info of the entire thread - search past threads, AND auto key.co.nz

heres my first ever TMMMB smiley just for you.

disco_super_fly, Oct 18, 7:47am
Oh, I feel honoured. As a female who really isn't car savvy at all, the answer is not so obvious to me as it may be to you. I'll gift you my first vomit smiley ever ;) Just for you!

disco_super_fly, Oct 18, 7:50am
I found a mysterious sticker which says "car alarm by Automative Systems LTD". should've looked for that earlier. It's a 95' pulsar so i'm assuming it was fitted by a previous owner

aktow, Oct 18, 12:41pm
actually that site is usless to me. they only stock certain makes and models,,

icemans1, Oct 18, 2:12pm
some people are just too plain lazy to look.