Wrc ford pulls pin

Page 2 / 3
splinter67, Oct 16, 7:59pm
Dont think so but I might be wrong but at least holden put a v8 into there cars not like ford austrailia hell wont be long and ya falcons gunna be a memory and what will the last ones be my bet is a 4 banger gee wont that be exciting
If holden is using a gm motor at least it comes from the same company not like other companies using a peugot motor

3tomany, Oct 16, 8:12pm
im lost here ford put the coyote v8 into falcons this is a ford v8, the base model is the g8 no point in putting a v8 in a base model car with poor brakes and sloppy handling they have to much horsepower to do that now

splinter67, Oct 16, 8:22pm
Nah your not lostIm not talking v8s and I do like the way you said that fords handle like poo and the too much hp is only because they handle so well not great own goal

bill-robinson, Oct 16, 9:12pm
Which WRC cars use GM and coyote V8 engines!

thejazzpianoma, Oct 16, 9:20pm
No wonder the others are running scared.

floscey, Oct 16, 11:55pm
when was the last time a GM product raced in Rally !.

splinter67, Oct 16, 11:57pm
who knows but we do supercars really well think the last one was a chevette

serf407, Oct 17, 1:18am
MSD - Milton Keynes put together a few Opel Corsa s2000 rally cars. McHale and Mikkelsen drove.
Holden won this year's Australasian Safari OffRoad Rally with a LS1 V8! powered Holden Colorado.
http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=fRWrWrC33O4&feature=player_detailpage(opel corsa s2000) http://youtu.be/D7LXeUanzM0(2012 Australian Safari) http://www.australasiansafari.com.au/website/home.html http://www.drivermagazine.com.au/motor-sport/lowndes-and-pwr-almost-set-for-safari.html(2011 build)

chris_051, Oct 17, 5:04am
Once again splinter is talking about something he knows nothing about.
The supercharged 5.0 shits all over any v8 in a Holden/HSV.
The older dohc 5.4 has more Aussie influence and development than any Chev crate motor fitted to a Holden.
The only fully Aussie designed and developed engine at the moment is the 4.0, which again shits over any current HSV V8 in turbo form.
Oh there was that discussion last week, that the 4 cylinder falcon makes more torque and is quicker than the latest SISI V6 Commodore - lol.

3tomany, Oct 17, 6:19am
i was refering to holden puttig v8s in base cars with poor brakes and handling notice ford dont do that anymore

splinter67, Oct 17, 6:35am
nothing wrong with the handling of holdens your clutching at straws

splinter67, Oct 17, 6:37am
let see it go against the walkinshaw

3tomany, Oct 17, 6:48am

splinter67, Oct 17, 6:54am
Have ya tried that sort of hp bet ya havent pretty much undrivable and to all you dreamers that think they could handle that let go of it your gunna get a white patch on ya lap how many are they making

3tomany, Oct 17, 7:00am
according to his dyno the fpv had 350kw as standard before he played with it ford is kicking gm arse at the mo thats why you cant buy one with standard brakes like youre cheap ss commie

splinter67, Oct 17, 7:07am
350 kw wow have a look at this 463727504 little bit more than that do some more research google is your friend oh and ya can buy them here

3tomany, Oct 17, 7:25am
350 as standard play with it and 540kw is what you get play with a gm v8 and you get 480kwhow embarrasing for you

splinter67, Oct 17, 7:27am
once again how many are they making and who could drive one

3tomany, Oct 17, 7:45am
as i understand they are made to order get as many as you want, i read a local jurnalist who had one in nz and apparantly as a normal drive you dont notice the horsepower but grab that throttle and holy cow. i cant find the reporter on google i think it was autocar

fordcrzy, Oct 17, 7:56am
"Ford of Europe has announced that it will withdraw as a title sponsor sighting a new change in its marketing strategy in the tough car market."

what that means is they wont be doing ANY marketing. God they are effing useless! they have the best car line up and the "Marketing" is non existant or woefully poor. its one thing that holden understands even if holdens products are inferior, they market the hell out of them and eventually some schmuck will buy one.

djrandomguy, Oct 18, 12:24am
best car in the line up - big call.makes me laugh how citroen have won the WRC since forever ago and yet there is still huge bias against then from most petrol heads, though few could argue with their race record.

unbeatabull, Oct 18, 4:28am
Ford owns 49% of it CURRENTLY . They are merging soon though.

hfc2, Oct 18, 5:02am
You fail to realise the fpv falcon comes standard with 335 kw.

splinter67, Oct 18, 6:55am
What you don't relies is I don't care what ford put out I'm not going to get one ever if it aint built by the general Im not interested

fordcrzy, Oct 22, 6:55am
i said they had the"best car line up" which means focus/fiesta/mondeo/Ranger/Fal-
con are better than the holden equivilents and most of the readily available stuff in NZ. And still the ford marketing guys are effing useless. man i wish i had thier job.talk about no expectations of performance from a job point of view.i mean can anyone name a decent ford marketing ad or campaign from the last 10 years!.NOPE!