Motorbike wheels

sonny8, Oct 9, 8:35am
HI. I was wondering where the best place in Dunedin (or surrounding areas) would be to get two front wheels from a motorbike! I don't need all the other stuff that comes with them, I just need them to be useable for a pony cart we are building. Any help would be great! I have tried writing to wrc but will call them tomorrow as I will be in town later that day. I hope to get something over the 20inch height range if possible. Thanks in advance.

gunhand, Oct 9, 8:49am
Try Ducati spares. 79 crawford street

desmodave, Oct 9, 8:19pm
Sounds abit flash useing ducati wheels for a pony cart. Must be a few farms about with old farm bikes parked up that would be good for wheels

sonny8, Oct 10, 8:38am
yes, was hoping for something like that desmodave. Wonder if Ducati wheels would make the pony go faster ;)

gunhand, Oct 10, 8:41am
yea, its just a name LOL. I sure you know who they are! They have all manner of bikes in various states of repair. Nice guys to deal with as well.
There will be bike wreckers in Dunners but Im not ure who or where. Google maybe.

sonny8, Oct 10, 8:51am
Thanks gunhand. I put off ringing these guys as I thought they were just Ducati, but I will call them tomorrow. Always good to hear of a place that gives good service :)

motorboy2011, Oct 10, 9:56am
How much do you want to spend! I bought 2 matching front wheels off trademe user petejones, paid $140 for 2 front wheels, a front tire and a rear tyre. He said he often sold matching pairs of front wheels to horse people making horse carts. I could try dig his cell number out if you want try contact him

sonny8, Oct 11, 8:31am
That might be a good plan yet motorboy2011. Ducati spares couldn't help. Wrc couldn't help, there is a place in the yellow pages heading over Mosgiel way.