Srs light wont go out

truckr, Oct 20, 9:46am
disconnected my battery when i connected it found it stayed on all the time , and now can't get a warrant from dodgy indian guy untill i get it fixed .

mantagsi, Oct 20, 9:50am
Wow, that sucks. I would have thought that a 'dodgy indian guy' would pass you with a fault, not do his job properly and reject your vehicle. Guess he aint so dodgy after all. Perhaps try and disconnect your battery for a few hours and connect again, see if that resets the SRS module! Good luck

ml6989, Oct 20, 9:50am
Try taking it to a garage for a WOF instead of a corner dairy

clark20, Oct 20, 9:51am
Oh no you didn't!

franc123, Oct 20, 9:53am
Not the dodgy indian guys fault you have presented him with a non compliant vehicle that he had every right to fail. How about starting again with make, model, year and what happened exactly, including whether or not you connected the battery backwards or something equally daft.

intrade, Oct 20, 7:53pm
i fail to seehow he should be dodgy he would be if he passed it, also what car is it that myght help and i would want to know what else you done while the battery was disconnected.

ceebee2, Oct 21, 5:46am
ROFL!

truckr, Oct 24, 9:34am
g

incar., Oct 24, 9:39am
lol good on him

magicmat, Oct 24, 9:40am
Your problem is that you have the wrong dodgy Indian guy. Find another Indian who is dodgier and that should sort out the issue.

Or remove the bulb so the SRS light no longer illuminates.

You are welcome.

mugenb20b, Oct 24, 9:44am
Umm.that's also a fail. SRS light must come on and go off.so fitting a timer to the SRS light would fix the problem.

magicmat, Oct 24, 7:31pm
Ah I see. well yep that is a fail then.

Definitely needs a way dodgier Indian!

incar., Oct 24, 8:41pm
How would that fix the problem! It has a fault simple, get it scanned then get it fixed, if your head goes thru the windscreen it might knock some sense into you

mugenb20b, Oct 24, 11:15pm
FFS, I was taking the piss.

timmo1, Oct 24, 11:26pm
Don't worry I got it.

kokako14, Oct 24, 11:39pm
What sort of car!
You need to get the SRS system reprogrammed, if you take it to your garage they can do this for you. They'll plug in into the laptop and sort it for you

wilgil, Oct 25, 2:01am
With some cars it's as simple as shorting out a couple of wires - google it 'Reset SRS light on .'

raymond00001, Oct 25, 2:57am
Great idea, could see business potential there. Or just wire it in paralell with one of the other warning lamps.

truckr, Oct 25, 8:18am
did but they got shut down by nzta a while back

fordcrzy, Oct 26, 6:55am
take it to that dodgy testing station that does Camstains warrants. they have no problem giving wofs to cars with airbag and srs lights on.