Honda Domani SRS Light

e_babe, Apr 14, 12:00am
This light came on just after I got my WOF and has stayed on ever since. Has been to mechanics and they used computer but couldn't find fault. we decided to leave it until just before next WOF due.

Well due to go in two weeks and last week the SRS light just went out went driving, it lights up when you put key in and then turns out as per normal, so thought would take to mechanics to get WOF now, but as per usual now sometimes it goes out and sometimes it stays on. Anyone got any ideas!

bigfatmat1, Apr 14, 12:34am
take it to someone that knows what they are doing. Sounds like mechanics don't
When the light has been on there is a fault code stored this fault code would indicate the location of fault then testing needs to be carried out. when the fault is rectified the fault codes need to be cleared. Domanis with driver only airbag suffered from a passengers side airbag fault which is just a resistor in the circuit than failed a $10 part this was a very common fault a few years ago but with out a fault code ya are only guessing.

e_babe, Apr 14, 1:14am
Thanks for that. I do know our mechanic took it to an auto electrician and they put the computer on it it but it just said that it could not communicate with it.

pandai, Apr 14, 1:27am
Honda dealer.

titan15, Apr 14, 1:52am
What bigfatmat said.Common fault with resistor failing.Cost me $150 at Honda to fix.

bigfatmat1, Oct 27, 4:49pm
any capable auto sparky would realise that you can only extract fault codes on a domani by bridging out the airbag connector. does not support auto code read.