SRS light staying on in 1995 Honda Civic

possumeyes, Apr 15, 5:45am
Hi there.My husband tried to reset the SRS light but it failed to extinguish.Seems many people get away with a simple SRS reset.Can anyone provide instructions on continuing the troubleshooting! What should we check next!Detailed instructions would be very much appreciated. Cheers :o)

mugenb20b, Apr 15, 5:54am
They do!

mugenb20b, Apr 15, 5:55am
1. Take the car to an auto electrician to get the SRS system scanned for fault codes.

possumeyes, Apr 15, 6:03am
That's what it seems when researching internet :o)

mugenb20b, Apr 15, 6:07am
Fair enough, but when it comes to reseting SRS lights on Hondas, I'm just as lucky as your husband (ie. always failed).

bigfatmat1, Apr 15, 9:13am
this vehicle can only be scanned by honda. Manual code gathering and erasing needs to be carried out! Which off the top of my head I cannot remember how this is done. It will involve bridging the yellow two pin plug though! just the sequence I cannot remember

tmenz, Apr 15, 9:50am
I've got a Honda that needed the SRS system reset. 'Honda Cars' found it to be the 'occupancy' sensor in the passenger's seat that had glitched and triggered the fault alarm. It took 7 reset attempts before the sensor finally re-initialised - apparently it is a known problem within Honda that multiple resets may be required!

zak1998, Apr 15, 12:15pm
it maybe the seatbelt clip on the seat $90 for a new one

stevexc, Apr 16, 1:35am
I reset the SRS computer in my 1997 Accord a few times, but it would eventually come back on.Turned out the SRS computer itself was faulty so I got a new one for $900.Lucky for me it was covered by warranty.

v8_eta, Apr 16, 9:24am
Was the car jump started and then the srs light came on!

possumeyes, Apr 16, 8:52pm
I purchased the car five years ago.At that time the SRS computer had to be replaced. Cost $500 but fortunately the car dealer had to foot that bill.I talked to my mechanic yesterday when I got my pink slip (warrant) and he agreed the unit itself should not be faulty in that period of time so it will be something minor.

No car wasn't jump started, it's an auto :o)

Thanks for the help guys . cheers :o)

hamhonda, Apr 16, 10:37pm
The honda SRS computers are a common fault, especially in that model civic. the dealer probably had a secondhand unit replaced into it when you bought it so is still a likely to be the computer