'05 Forester 2.0 - towing?

jane310567, Oct 23, 7:12am
I love my new Forester - so much fun. Anyone help with towing rating. I think it does 1500kg and we have a 8 x 5 trailer with camping gear included and I have no idea of the weight of this! Anyone experienced towing with these and their opinions please.

franc123, Oct 23, 7:51am
It won't be anywhere near that, that is the weight of a medium sized caravan and a heavy one at that.Providing you have a decent quality towbar there shouldn't be any problems, a trans cooler would also be a wise investment. It would be desirable to have brakes on the trailer if is getting upwards of say 800kg.Get the trailer weighed if you have any doubts about this.

monaro17, Oct 23, 7:53am
No I haven't had any first hand experience with them, but a trailer loaded with camping stuff will be absolutely fine (although you should know that if the trailer has no brakes then the towing limit reduces to 750kg). Just don't go attaching a 20ft caravan to the back and the Subaru will be fine.

jane310567, Oct 23, 8:03am
great - mine is a manual - does this make any difference! Sounds ok tho. We were towing with an 2.4 Estima with no issues.

monaro17, Oct 23, 8:14am
No, If there was a difference, I would say that considering the relatively low weight you are towing a manual would be fine. You will probably find that it will tow better than the Estima (depending on the year of the model)