CLASSIC CAR INSURANCE

ladyjet1, Mar 21, 9:45pm
Has anyone had any dealings with Protecta Classic car cover!I have tried Swann, but as I want to drive the car regularly they consider it high risk and won't cover.

deanzy, Mar 21, 10:37pm
hi all, i have a corolla and im trying to find both or at least the front right headlights, lens number is 12-331 , its an early 90's model,
have a nice day

wsd, Mar 21, 10:39pm
Not much help as I don't know the name of the company but my Fatherrecently got classic car insurance through an insurance broker. One of the conditions was that it was only to be driven a max of 5000km per year. If its used as your daily driver I can see why they wouldn't cover it but if its your second car find the company which allows the highest amount of Km's per year. The other conditions were no drivers under 25 and it had to be stored in a locked garage.

jeffqv, Mar 22, 12:17am
Mine is with AMI.

ladyjet1, Mar 22, 1:32am
have decided to go with Protecta - agreed value and 8000k annual limit - others were only 5000. all the added extra's, very reasonable premium and only $100 excess!

socram, Mar 22, 3:45am
Been with Classic Cover for several years. Both modern and older classics can still go on a limited mileage policy.Mini S has only done 27,000kms since December 2002, so 5,000kms p.a. is no problem at all, as we have another newish vehicle on unlimited, as a daily driver, plus two on the "restoration" register (includes a project car and the GT only used now for racing) plus an insured car transporter trailer.Total cost is a very reasonable$1300.They use Vero.

miss_db, Mar 22, 11:03am
Im with AMI now but they wouldn't cover me for a scrape done whilst what they considered was "daily driving", so beware of the small print.They are the cheapest (for my car anyway) but I was with Swann intermarque before & they covered it as a daily drive with no Kms limit either (i drive about 90-120kms day), on the assumption that its a classic, so you take more care of it.Which is true!

rout66, Oct 25, 6:34pm
Classic Cover Insurance will insure classics hot rods etc up to 15,000km per year, but they do not insure every day drive cars, ie if it is sitting in supermarket carparks getting doors opened against it etc etc, Check their website, Cheers

fordkiwi27, Oct 25, 8:37pm
thread dredge

pebbles61, Oct 25, 11:13pm
Swann don't have a km limit, but it's done on the understanding that the car is not for daily use.