Mazda 6 - High Mileage/Late Model question

haybales, Aug 30, 12:18pm
Looking at an ex reps Mazda 6 at a car yard, 2013, 180kms.
Reasonably priced for the year but what sort of price depreciation could I expect as the k's get more excessive?

tamarillo, Aug 30, 5:31pm
Lots, it's a purchase you'd do with intention to keep it IMO. People get 300,000 out of them, but once in 200's market falls off.

gammelvind, Aug 30, 6:03pm
Yep buy it with the intention of driving it into the ground, as tam says you can potentially get 300K out of it.

audi_s_ate, Aug 30, 6:53pm
I'd be disappointed to just get 300k out of it. I have an accord euro - done nearly 350km - drives like 150, everything works 100%. Buying a looked after high mileage car is smart buying imo as long as you plan on keeping it a while.

2sheddies, Aug 30, 8:24pm
I agree. 300k is nothing on most modern cars. Not at all unusual to get 4 or 500k out of them these days, without much trouble if well serviced and do at least some hot running.

thejazzpianoma, Aug 31, 11:18am
Last Multipla had nearly 300 on it when I sold it and it had a LOT of milage left in it.

thejazzpianoma, Aug 31, 11:22am
Just to clarify, is this the last of the old model or first of the new?
If it's last of the old and 6 speed auto I would avoid it. Simply because that transmission doesn't last well. To the point that I would expect expensive trouble from about those km onwards. I would especially avoid it if there is no service history on the transmission. They are "sealed for life" but that life is exceptionally short. So do need very regularly servicing ot last any length of time.

I can't comment on the next generations "skyactive" transmission as I don't have any experience with it yet.

vtecintegra, Aug 31, 11:58am
Do you mean the five speed? The second gen 6 never came with a 6 speed auto here

purplegoat, Sep 2, 9:57am
Translation , I haven't been able to find any negative reviews about that Japanese brand but I hate non euros so will say nothing instead as its not in my DNA to say anything nice about non euros

bazfan, Sep 2, 11:31am
Buy it. I just got a 2011 Mazda CX7 2.5 GSX with 180K on the clock for $9500. Its in immaculate condition- seats just needed to be shampooed. I figure even if I drive it for a year and clock up another 20K I'll be able to sell it for $8k. Similar examples on TM with 200+ KM listed at $10k plus!

bantam3, Sep 13, 6:25pm
Sold my 2006 mazda 6 with 300000km and brought a 2011 model with 140000km. Hate the new one, throttle is either off or on. Always spins the wheels at take off. Suspension is not as comfortable as the old one.

richynuts, Sep 24, 7:13pm
I looked at a 2010 mazda 6 with 150,000ks offered the guy $7k to take it there and then but he wanted to let auction run for another week. it ended up selling for $6700. As I understand it the the mazda 6 may of had an airbag recall.