What do you prefer v8 sound?

jason18, Oct 28, 1:26am
Whats better loud and in your face V8 Or quietened down v8 still with a nice rumble and.loud gilmores buzzing away! I have two exhausts so can change from both

jolly_26, Oct 28, 1:41am
those exhaust valves that open up at higher revs are where it's at, best of both worlds!

jason18, Oct 28, 1:50am
Yeah that would be sweet!

splinter67, Oct 28, 1:51am
load and in your face unless you plan on driving it out of town had a t bucket 327 tunnel rammed with lake pipes was cool for a cruise round town wasnt so cool on the trip to palmy north from napier in fact neither was the short windscreen

jason18, Oct 28, 1:54am
haha Yeah had mine with just a flow master on each side dumping before diff. Now have two set ups with pipes exiting out rear. one straight pipe and other with resonators one each side. I think loud too and in your face too. Can hear my gilmers better now with quiet exhaust

lara.in.ch-ch, Oct 28, 1:57am
are T Bucket Exhausts custom made ! or are they just a straight through pipe with nothing on them running from the extractors !

splinter67, Oct 28, 2:03am
yes they are custom made we had a coby in ours that could work for you having two pipes all the way to the back will also help put an equaliser pipe in otherwise youll get that ugly popping noise

lara.in.ch-ch, Oct 28, 2:12am
Thanks that answers alot of my questions. obviously the straight looking pipe is over top of the coby

splinter67, Oct 28, 2:17am
yup but for your job just run them underneath that will give you the sound you require

whqqsh, Oct 28, 2:25am
mines got a nice low grumble at idle, livens up a bit when going but not 'big bore straight through, look at me' kind of rubbish.
Just got back from Pukekohe & parked between 2 V6 Holdens, both stopped & looked when they heard the grumble as I backed in. love having a stock grand-dad looking wagon with a V8 under the bonnet

jason18, Oct 28, 2:39am
Hell yeah sounds mean. Mine now is just to quiet with the resonators

punkboy, Oct 28, 3:12am
yep cant beat the sound of the flow masters dumped just before the diff,ive got bolt on pipe to exit out back for warrants

lara.in.ch-ch, Oct 28, 3:17am
is there any difference in the size of the exhaust pipe you use to the sound !

splinter67, Oct 28, 3:22am
not sure if it makes more noise but the larger the pipe the better the flow

edangus, Oct 28, 3:26am
Low grumble, unless you are pushing hard on the loud pedal. Factory on my 2 current 8's is very nice. (BMW and Chrysler).
Also that supercharged V8 Range Rover note is bloody nice too

jason18, Oct 28, 4:11am
No idea until its on a car :)

whqqsh, Oct 28, 4:15am
agree, everything in the motor makes a difference to the sound.
I had a very average sound in my bucket then put a cam in with a ton of overlap & changed the note to a nice throb & crackle

jason18, Oct 28, 4:26am
Unless you want all the chrome bling I would rather take it to an exhaust place and get it made to suit the car.

pebbles61, Oct 28, 4:35am
A nice rumble from any engine is nice. The likes of having a Harley or Holden with a stupidly loud exhaust system just says to the world "hey look at me, I'm cool, really I am! please look!"

lara.in.ch-ch, Oct 28, 4:59am
Have all the gear myself and have been thinking about do the mods first before i pay someone to do it. Worst case senario i make a hash of it then i will pay someone to fix it for me. Just got to try and figure out research what sort of coby or exhaust will give the sound im after.

cuda.340, Oct 28, 5:05am
i hada pair of Flowmasters on the 'cuda with 2 1/2 pipes. when you pulled into a carpark, especially under a building it would set off every car alarm, it was like getting a fanfare to announce my arrival lol. at idle it was quiet enough to pass a wof but once you got over 2500 rpm it was getting loud. had to step up the sound system to compensate but even so, ears would be ringing after a trip. but the best sound was with the windows down driving thru a tunnel, that lumpy V8 noise was pure music.

corvette3, Oct 28, 5:29am
My 1971 Big Block El-Camino is running Open Super Comp Hooker Headers so is very loud.My Tractorpuller is running a 383cuin. Chev with open headers so that is pretty loud as well.My Corvette Roadster has a nice rumble and my C1500 pick up is very quiet so I have the best of all worlds when it comes to V8's.
regards
Pieter

brokebloke1, Oct 28, 5:39am
one of the best sounds you can hear on a V8 is a 6/71 supercharger with twin 600 holleys had this set up on a HQ holden years back with a 400 small block chev , no body cared about what the exhaust sounded like we all loved the sound of the blowerat full noise hahaha

chebry, Oct 28, 6:01am
Except you aint driving 10 hour stints in it coz the the droning of a loud exhaust just pisses you off after a while