.good brand of tyres.

tongie, Oct 30, 1:29am
We have a medium sized vehicle and need to replace all 4 tyres, we do a combination of open road and around town driving.have rung around a few places for a few quotes, Bridgestone Ecopia, Goodyear Optilife, Pirelli P6 and Firestone TZ700 have been quite popular with the tyre companies for recommendations.prices have been ranging from $139-$159

unbeatabull, Oct 30, 4:18am
x1
Its not generally the brand, but which breed of the brand you get. Then there are brands like Triangle, Ling Long etc that you just avoid altogether.

The firestone and ecopia are probably the two lower end tyres of that list, I'd imagine the Pirelli would of been the most expensive. Either of them on the list are pretty good tyres though and will do the job fine

vr4_legnum, Oct 30, 5:20am
x1
Also would avoid the TZ700 and Ecopia tyres.

GT Radial 128, 228 or VP1 all very good tyres, Falken ZE912 is other good tyre or Goodyear Assurance

jason18, Oct 30, 5:22am
Kuhmo zetum. Im enjoying these tyres and they were very well priced.

tongie, Oct 30, 5:55am
thanks guys.;o)

shane191, Oct 30, 7:30am
I have Goodride on the front of my wrx, they were on it when i got it and i have done 35000 ks and they are only 3/4 worn. Never had any probs with them. Most of my driving is on country roads.

r15, Oct 30, 7:32am
tz100's are a great money making scheme- there's bugger all tread depth on the outsides meaning they fail wof's well before other tyres would with the same amount of wear

intrade, Oct 30, 6:48pm
worst tyres is firestonebest is michelin

berg, Oct 30, 7:04pm
Dunlop Sportmax on the Swift, 83,000kms out of a set, Bridgestone Turanza on the Commodore, 55,000km and about to be replaced. The Dunlops are a bit noisy but grip really well and the Bridgestones are pretty good as well.

intrade, Oct 30, 7:09pm
bridgstone is firestonecrap also. worst of em are firestone supercrap tyres. and yes i have had bridgstone and firestones if they are cheap they arecrap if they are expensivethen why not get michelin or better brands and not support manufactrers who sell you crap or expensive stuff only.

intrade, Oct 30, 7:14pm
bridgstone dueler delaminated and bouldged out at 40% tread left . thats almost half the cost of the tyre down the gurgler. firestone supercrap-aka supercat bulged inside so impossibile to be hit by curb there at 30% thread left. and another split the steel ring when i swapped it from one rinm to another 2 weeks after i had changed them over. dangerous crap these tyres should be banned or only fitted to shoping trolleys

tazcsv, Oct 30, 9:57pm
Bridgestone my01s, yes they have some road noise but iv had 50 thou ks and they still have 5mm on them, iv pushed them hard in the wet and dry and never felt like letting go. they are on a 02 gtb legacy awd to.

tazcsv, Oct 31, 12:51am
Like anything some products can have a fault along the line somewhere, that would not stop me from buying them. being a dueller i guess is was on a ute or 4wd!

bowla3, Oct 31, 1:56am
Had a Suzuki Vitara on Champiros. Sold it some time back. Recently spoke to the buyer, Tyres still looking good at 60 000 ks.

intrade, Oct 31, 3:06am
no came from rear of my camper never got abused went on a gravel road and that was the end of the tyre 700km later it looked like thatand no i did not hit large rocks or anything.

intrade, Oct 31, 3:28am

gold5, Oct 31, 3:43am
Hankook will outlast Firestone TZ700 by about two times for the same purchase price or a little less

gold5, Oct 31, 3:46am
Sorry not used to message board. Try Hankook K415 twice the life of the TZ 700 for about the same price. Ecopia not to flash in the rain. Check out tyres and more nelson facebook page they have the info on a taxi test with these tyres

ballin2014, Oct 31, 8:17am
i would almost "stake my life on this tyre" firestone firehawk TZ700 series as i have used the TZ100 series then the TZ700 series and the ride is unbelievably excellent and being fitted to both a ford and holden but they stuck to the road like super glue to concrete/cement at 140km on the open road. they maybe be pricey but well worth every cent

unbeatabull, Oct 31, 9:03am
As always happens when tyres are discussed, everyone has good/bad opinions/experiences with every tyre.

Bottom line, don't buy any cheap chinese crap (Ling Long, Triangle, Kingstar etc), and buy from a reputable brand/manufacturer. Most don't realise when comparing tyres that the more grip a tyre has, the less life it will have, or the more noise it will have. A tyre that lasts longer will generally have less grip. You get what you pay for, just be sure to tell the tyre place what you're wanting from the tyre.

vtecintegra, Oct 31, 10:42am
! The TZ100s were a budget tyre and most definitely performed like one