FTO 95 manual

rug_nz, Nov 9, 6:02am
My Mum had one 10 odd years ago, parts were expensive, but was good to drive, I used it a few times for long trips, handled well.

sred69, Nov 9, 8:13am
just about the same floor panel, suspension and running gear as a Lancer. nothing special.

ceebee2, Nov 9, 7:22pm
I have serviced a few and there can be an issue with a relay that can lock the keys in the car, whether in the ignition and not! Pretty much no frills vehicles.

yogibearz, Nov 10, 3:19am
get real foxdonut. Wife had one for years did 100000km no problem. 6A12 is a geat engine. Service it and will be ok. Do cam belt when required and keep auto oil clean.Any car thats not serviced right could be regarded as a heap of shit when it breaks down.

kyokei, Nov 10, 3:30am
Had one for almost 80ks, only thing I had to do to it was regular servicing, wheel alignment and replacing tyres when required. Rear view vision isn't the greatest though along with back seat space. Good car for what it was.

dave296, Nov 10, 7:57am
the mitzi computer problems should be solved by that year, the only thing to check would be the rust above the windscreen behind the roof ligning that's common with them. Otherwise the one I had went really well. oh, and it also had a problem with the heater core leaking.

franc123, Feb 15, 8:46pm
I had one of those FTO heater cores explode on me, which instantly put a nice steamy antifreezy film all over the inside of the windscreen and through the dash vents and carpet. luckily nobody was sitting in the front passenger seat as their legs would have been scalded by the escaping coolant.The bright sparks at Mitsubishi as well as fitting a cheap and nasty plastic core also see fit to mount the trans computer right underneath it which also fills with boiling water when this happens.Which really makes your day.Have also seen a few with dodgy instruments that work when they feel like it, particularly rev counters.Noisy tappets are also pretty much standard, although if you are or have been a Mitsi owner you should have Proma on your garage shelf already to deal with that.Pity as they are a nice enough car to drive when its all working properly, if anything better than its bloated big brother the GTO.