Nissan V's Mitsibishi

cavalier2005, Nov 2, 8:42pm
Which would be the better buy!2004 Nissan skyline 3500ccor2005 Mitsibishi3500cc,

xs1100, Nov 2, 8:46pm
nissan

2sheddies, Nov 2, 9:57pm
The Nissan, without a doubt. Mitsubishis can be very dodgy, mechanically, whereas it takes a lot to kill a Nissan.

lazzo, Nov 2, 10:50pm
I've had at least 5 Mitsubishi 3.5L engines and not one has ever put me wrong.

ozz1, Nov 2, 10:57pm
nissan.

phillip.weston, Nov 3, 3:16am
Nissan - no brainer really. The Diamante (I assume!) is no comparison for the Skyline.

1ollie, Nov 3, 4:41am
This Nissan is a far better car that Mitsubishi you have said!

vtecintegra, Nov 3, 7:57am
2004 you say! I'd check what transmission in in the Nissan as that model came with a CVT with the 3.5l at least for some years.

Its not related to the CVT in the later Maxima either, pretty unique which means parts will be an issue

arrithedog, Nov 3, 8:34am
Normally, I would say Nissan. I've had quite a few and never a problem. But, I've also had 3 Mitsis, and as long as it's not a GDI motor, I'd happily have another one.

n1smo_gtir, Nov 3, 8:39am
depends on how well each one has been looked after, i'd rather a non thrashed mitsi over a thrashed and uncared for nissan.

steve56467, Nov 3, 8:47am
Wouldn't trust anything with 3 eyes

robotnik, Nov 3, 8:47am
I quite like the Diamante, but the skyline is rear wheel drive, so is unquestionably better.

bubbles244, Nov 3, 10:25am
put it to you this way.

which is cheaper to service and repair.

Go price up a new GDI injection pump.

Nissan all the way.

timmo1, Nov 3, 11:44am
Depends what you want. Diamante is a big soft car, good for larger people and long trips. The Skyline is a bit smaller and sportier isn't it!

lazzo, Nov 3, 2:10pm
OP has made it clear they are looking at 3.5L engines, therefore its not possible to be a GDi unless its a Pajero. Any Mitsubishi sedan with a 3.5L engine will be NZ New and be an MPI engine.

thewomble1, Nov 3, 3:01pm
Not all 2004 Nissans had CVT transmissions

vtecintegra, Nov 3, 10:24pm
No but that particular model was available with a particularly problematic one. Definitely worth checking out.