Are you patient towards Learner Drivers?

Page 2 / 2
stevel_knievel, Nov 10, 7:28pm
TBH, in a 50 km/h zone it's my experience that you will be abused for driving at that speed. The averages would be around 60-65km/h.

m16d, Nov 10, 7:59pm
Jeese mustang, I've always thought of Perth drivers as the most impatient arrorant ones I've come across in NZ or Aus.
They dont call it the wild west for nothing.

socram, Nov 10, 8:28pm
I beg to differ.

kazbanz, Nov 10, 8:50pm
Now putting a different twist on this.
Are Learner drivers showing concideration for other road users!
Its all fine and wonderfull pointing to the "other guy" all outraged and indignant but if in fact they are driving out on the centre line at 40-45 km/h they arent obeying the road rules or being conciderate themselves.
Two way street an all that stuff

freedomaira320, Nov 10, 8:57pm
Impatience is probably the worst attribute of NZ drivers. If a learner driver is only doing 45, big deal. So you'll have to slow down a bit too and arrive at your destination a few seconds later. It's not the end of the world.

sifty, Nov 10, 9:07pm
I wouldn't let my wife put L plates on her motorcycle for that reason.

Too many dickless wonders out there see them as a target to rain abuse on. Actually had one plonker cut me off and give me the finger when I was on her bike (getting wof) so followed him to his place of work and bailed him up in the carpark. Manager came out and wasn't too happy with the dickheads driving and behaviour, esp as vehicle was signwritten with his business name all over it. Shouted me a beer after bawling out said cretin too.

extrayda, Nov 11, 8:31am
Yep, I am very tolerant of them, give them plenty of space, never sit right behind them (especially on hills), don't balst them if they stall or do something dumb.All that does is frazzles them and makes things worse.Hell we were all learners once, I still remember my first drive into Auckland City itself, and that was quite a looong time ago.

lovemore_mbigi, Nov 11, 6:24pm
Patient as.Always.

mustangsally2, Nov 11, 8:07pm
They have improved then.could be a few rogue Kiwi drivers still with their bad NZ habits I guess but I never saw them.even out in Kalgoorlie with all the V8 boys the driving was good.V8's.music-
to my ears.

tigra, Nov 11, 8:57pm
Really thats the fault of the "experienced driver" alongside them. Most learner drivers are coming to terms with a lot of things they need to do at the one time, consequently staying well clear of parked cars on the side of the road means they tend to stay near the centre line. Not hard for the experienced driver to keep an eye on this and get them to move over.

loonee-dial-111, Feb 20, 7:57am
What they forgot to mention was that this only applies on non sunny days with icy roads or heavy fog or unusual road hazards such as children running around, cops nearby or driving instructors sitting next to you.