2003 Peugot 307 XSP Manual.

poppajn, Nov 4, 7:51am
I,m going to look at one of these, 82,000 k. Any info at all appreciated,
cam or chain driven! what to watch for, anything at all about them. TIA.

intrade, Nov 4, 8:58am
what parts cost and where you can get em from.

sabbath-black, Nov 4, 9:14am
do you have nothing better to do.the trademe bullshit artist.posting on everything but resolving nothing.are you here for attention!.is that why you post everywhere.best advice.total opposite to what you say

waleedwahsh, Nov 4, 9:21am
We have an automatic one of these. When we bought it the strut thingys that hold the boot up were buggered. To get them replaced or regassed was going to cost a fortune. I found a UK company that would ship replacement struts here for less than half the NZ price. So with regard to the above comment on 'what parts cost', I guess I'd just like to say that parts aren't always as expensive as NZ companies quote!

supernova2, Nov 4, 9:25am
I agree.IMHO a Peugot is no better or worse than anything else.The problem is we are the other side of the world from where they are made and lets face it there aint as many Peugots running about as there are say Corollas therefore parts are not as common and therefore not stocked everywhere and not available at next to nothing prices.I like euro cars but realisticly look at it this way would you buy a Falcodore if you lived in France!

boat3, Nov 4, 7:18pm
ours is manual 5 speed,very economical,feels like a much bigger car than it is to drive,smooth,quite quiet,and gets along very well,has the factory 18 inch wheels ect,it feels much nicer than a small japanese car,maybe its the different styling,for comfort,and style,and the finish of the interior it leaves a same year small japanese car for dead. in my opinion.not a jap car hater by the way.

boat3, Nov 4, 7:21pm
by the way,for the post a few from the top,parts are avaiable second hand,and thru bnt ect,even parts like cambelts and tensioners,water pumps,can be brought cheap on here,and most of the time they are genuine parts.if you really want a laugh,go on uk e bay,the parts are worth nothing new if you have the time to wait for them,havent needed parts for ours yet,done 136,000 km now.

saxman99, Nov 5, 2:09am
Which engine!

Ours is a 2L petrol which is belt driven.Great little car, my wife is loving it. 200,000 k on it and going fine.

Use the Internet for parts and you're all set. I've found a website called Peugeot servicebox which you can sign up to (you have to pretend to be from a Peugeot workshop) and it tells you all about your particular car and provides all the part numbers which enables you to match aftermarket parts to their genuine equivalent.

Good luck!