Wof. If a car has been refused for a wof for something you have an idea is not faulty and you take it to another garage as a sec

mber2, Nov 5, 4:16am
If a car has been refused for a wof for something you have an idea is not faulty and you take it to another garage as a second opinion for a wof check will they know about the last check if you dont tell them

kokako14, Nov 5, 4:19am
It will be entered into the system as a fail.suspension or lighting or something, but not the specific reason it failed

helsbels2, Nov 5, 4:28am
Also remember if you take it to a different garage you will have to pay the initial fee again and yes it is recorded asabove

intrade, Nov 5, 5:04am
take it back to original wof if its not faulty it will pass and otherwise let them show you what they think is the fault. Vtnz would be ones who fail stuff that is not faulty for example.

saxman99, Nov 5, 5:06am
The second garage will not know why it failed the first time until then end when they go to enter their inspection result into the computer.If they have checked the item and passed it they may take another look, or they may let it go.

tigress49, Nov 5, 5:29am
something.for example!

mber2, Nov 5, 6:33am
The car was failed for as they said " front brake hoses".The brakes work fine so I dont know what the fault is.
When taking off the wheels at home and having a good look at the hoses there was nothng obvious wrong with them that I could see.
no cracking or leaks

mugenb20b, Nov 5, 6:34am
*Facepalm*

msigg, Nov 5, 6:39am
clean them and have a good look and go from there, easy to change if you have to then bleed brakes

pico42, Nov 5, 7:36am
I don't suppose they mentioned what it was about the front brake hoses that had them not give a WoF! Because that would be very helpful to give advice on whether it should have been a fail or not.

Even a hint!

Otherwise, remove the brake hoses and go back for the re-check - they cannot fail what isn't there.

Now where is that sarcasm icon!

a.woodrow, Nov 5, 7:39am
bend the brake hoses to expose the cracks, then replace them.

treachug, Nov 5, 7:39am
Another thing to check while the wheels are of is the hose condition under braking (hose swelling bulging under pressure etc)
With car in the air, operate brake pedal & rush like hell to the front to see if the hoses are swollen.
You are going to have to be super lightning fast.other wise you wont see if its swollen or not.go and try that - it may take some time to perfect the art of getting out of drivers seat & getting to the front to check hoses in time to check for swelling & report back.or replace the defective hoses like the inspector noted on the WOF check sheet.

jmma, Nov 5, 8:00am
Hey, that's how I check brake lights (o:

treachug, Nov 5, 8:10am
yeah I've tried doing the same but the old ankle gives out.imagine how fast you would have to be if you had a limo!

carclan, Nov 5, 9:07am
My mum took her Honda Legend to VTNZ and failed. The bloke told her that if she drove it any futher the steering would lock up and she would crash. The power steering reservoir was on the minimum mark, scared witless she drives home at 20 mile an hour. Rings Honda and they say bring it down and we will have a look. One hour later they say there has been a minute leak there for the duration and nothing to worry about and VTNZ were being dramatic. The out come is I have had it with VTNZ and my Fairmont will go to Ford and the Honda will go to Honda from now on.

supernova2, Nov 5, 11:13am
I know of an old civic that was taken to Honda for a wof by a woman.Guy ran out of places to write on the check sheet.She then took it to the local garage and had to replace a light bulb.Wonder who was actually correct!