Mercedes C300 08 - Faulty lights and error codes

apollo77, Jul 23, 11:12am
Had a insur job and got both front lights replaced ( s/h ones ) and now light issues- and error codes - ( local garage ) do i have to take to Merc Dealer to clear the codes and will that fix my light issues?

sw20, Jul 23, 11:39am
If it's an insurance job, take it back and tell them to rectify.

bigfatmat1, Jul 23, 12:36pm
they probly need coding to vehicle so prob someone with a autologic scan tool or the Mercedes tool.is needed.

msigg, Jul 23, 1:02pm
Auto sparky can sort it for ya

apollo77, Jul 23, 3:30pm
Nah Auto logic would clear them but when re logged in they were back. like a pissed politician !

intrade, Jul 23, 6:43pm
i posted drewtech link . only other option is das xentry if it needs coding
http://www.drewtech.com/technician/index.html
if it needs coding they block dignostics as you can see.
Mercedes Benz N/A N/A $3,808.28 N/A No ECM and TCM with SCN Coding
someone in tenau has a working xentry clone from what i recall.

bigfatmat1, Jul 23, 7:39pm
yea the probly need to be coded its a bit more than just clearing codes.

intrade, Jul 24, 8:21am
there is a chance because i seen autologic fail on a mercedes also and autologic is a 16 grand multi platform scanner for the people who still dream of clearing codes with 2$ shop obd2=emission tools.
i cant recall if he had to use star diag, DAS xentry or if he managed with launch or autel. These are the ones it could have been.
i know scanner danner had to use drewtech on a 06 volvo and programm the volvo only once programmable module of the flooded fuesebox. with the software subscription i showed .

intrade, Dec 18, 4:10pm
could also have been kts bosch tool. that worked over autologic on the car. The issue is i only remember important things that matter to me. and what i burned in was autologic is not that good as it claims. but then again non are able to do it all other then the 100% factory tool or the china hack tools who can do sometims more then a factory tool by hacking in to system for key coding for example.