Where's Jazz?

supernova2, Nov 11, 7:23pm
Anyone know!

the-lada-dude, Nov 12, 4:38am
at the Vatican !

supernova2, Nov 12, 6:56am
Ah - maybe he's the replacement Butler for the Pope!

fordcrzy, Nov 12, 7:30am
gone to see Charles and Camilla!

40wav, Nov 12, 7:54am
Oh well, at least the Multipla will look good for once - beside Camilla!

slarty45, Nov 12, 2:19pm
Insulted a kick boxer Toyota owner.
Told him his car was crap.
Now walking funny with very high pitched voice.
Can't type with hands grasping where gonads used to be.

tgray, Nov 12, 6:51pm
Probably broken down somewhere.

jerichord, Nov 12, 7:23pm
saw him yesterday on lincoln rd, still wearing, white shoes with matching trou, plus the gold chains

nzdoug, Nov 12, 7:33pm
I think that he might find that he wastes a lot of time dealing with bozos here and has decided to take a break.
Then again, VW training is an ongoing affair so he could be up grading his knowledge base.

supernova2, Nov 12, 8:56pm
Well wherever he is I hope he's ok.
Strange as it may sound I miss his postings.Apart from the bias there is often some usefull information to be had from Jazz.

jmma, Nov 12, 9:12pm
Jazz and friendly-prawn are trying to fit a rotary into a golf, it's taking them a while, but they will be back soon (o:

thejazzpianoma, Nov 13, 4:14am
Gidday supernova, thanks for the concern. All is well here, with the better weather and increased vitamin D (which gives me a boost) I tend to be full on into it on my good days at the moment and too tired to be bothered on my not so good days.

Just doing the big service on the Alfa today and have been quite busy with other projects too.

I think its probably good for the messageboard to have a break from me now and then too, although I am disappointed to see the grossly incorrect regurgitation of $15'000 DSG replacement wives tales in my absence. I thought the posters involved were grown up enough not to repeat nonsense that surely by now they know is incorrect.

(For anyone who is not aware this price came from a shoddy garage who misdiagnosed the only first hand problem with a DSG ever to feature on the messageboard.The problem in the end was not even related to the transmission and just made up a stupid price to replace the whole gearbox because they didn't know what they were doing)

I stand by personal experience and the warranty claim figures, DSG's overall are about as reliable as automated transmissions get. They are also far more efficient, nicer to drive and depending on model either properly maintenance free (not sealed for life nonsense) or so simple to service they can be done at home in 20min with minimal tools.

Anyhow, thanks again for thinking of me. If I am not back on before Christmas I wish everyone a safe and happy holiday, don't forget the reason for the season.

thejazzpianoma, Nov 13, 4:14am
Gidday supernova, thanks for the concern. All is well here, with the better weather and increased vitamin D (which gives me a boost) I tend to be full on into it on my good days at the moment and too tired to be bothered on my not so good days.

Just doing the big service on the 156 JTS today and have been quite busy with other projects too.

I think its probably good for the messageboard to have a break from me now and then too, although I am disappointed to see the grossly incorrect regurgitation of $15'000 DSG replacement wives tales in my absence. I thought the posters involved were grown up enough not to repeat nonsense that surely by now they know is incorrect.

(For anyone who is not aware this price came from a shoddy garage who misdiagnosed the only first hand problem with a DSG ever to feature on the messageboard.The problem in the end was not even related to the transmission and just made up a stupid price to replace the whole gearbox because they didn't know what they were doing)

I stand by personal experience and the warranty claim figures, DSG's overall are about as reliable as automated transmissions get. They are also far more efficient, nicer to drive and depending on model either properly maintenance free (not sealed for life nonsense) or so simple to service they can be done at home in 20min with minimal tools.

BTW, if you are one of the tiny percentage of people who do have a problem with their DSG often that problem can be resolved without even removing the transmission. Of course any fool can throw huge money at any repair on any make of car by going to somewhere that rips you off. However, overall repairs on the DSG no matter how major tend to be either about the same as a regular auto of similar age or cheaper. Even a whole replacement transmission is quite reasonable but I don't know why you would buy one given problems are usually valve body or worn clutch related. Both of which are cost effective repairs in themselves. You can of course by refurbished units in NZ now for about 3K as well.

Anyhow, thanks again for thinking of me. If I am not back on before Christmas I wish everyone a safe and happy holiday, don't forget the reason for the season.

the-lada-dude, Nov 13, 4:18am
alcohol !

thejazzpianoma, Nov 13, 4:21am
LOL, if only!

I meant full on into projects, there is a house to renovate, two classics on the go and the Alfa to service.

Sadly I had to pretty much give up the bevvies when I got crook as it tends to knock me around pretty bad for a few days after. Hopefully as I get better I can start having a few drinks again.

snoopy221, Nov 13, 4:39am
Actually jazz
I thought you had flown overseas to the funeral of dat fulla from Dad's European army.
Ya know the one that always used to say
!Fiat-Don't Panic Capt Mannering!

thejazzpianoma, Nov 13, 5:16am
LOL, actually I am sad at his passing, he did that role so very well, and was amazingly young at the time (50 something!).

nzdoug, Nov 16, 12:32am
Ya, my gout prevents me from being an alcoholic.
Its called, getting old or , your Organ Recitals.
Merry Christmas and Happy NY!