Ni - MH batteries.

the-lada-dude, Nov 13, 4:07am
I have read many conflicting articles on re - charging these suckers. Things like, you must make sure bat is completely discharged b4 u can re - charge them, they have a discharge memory, putting the bat in a freezer till cold will re store memory to zero etc.do these rules apply to ' AAA ' to large industrial types !

mrfxit, Nov 13, 4:47am
That WAS for Ni-Cad batterys.
Ni-Cad = Nickel??

74nova, Nov 13, 5:25am
As far as I know Ni-mh batteries don't have the 'memory' problem.

tmenz, Nov 13, 7:45am
No memory problem with Nimh cells. They do need to be charged correctly with a proper charger, preferably one that detects the rapid rise in temperature when they've reached full charge and shuts down or goes to trickle charge - they will be damaged by overcharging which causes overheating, venting and electrolyte loss.
When first purchased, they need a full 15 hour charge at the appropriate rate and will not achieve their full rated capacity until they have been through several charge/discharge cycles.

fordcrzy, Nov 13, 8:51am
discharging Nimh all the way is very bad for them, you need to discharge them down to 1 volt PER CELL and then charge them at current ofthe capacity.eg a 3000mah nimh battery needs to be charged at 3 amps max.
You CANNOT charge a nimh battery with a nicad or lead acid charger.

fordcrzy, Nov 13, 8:53am
so to get this straight.DO NOT COMPLETELY DISCHARGE A NIMH BATTERY!

fordcrzy, Nov 13, 8:56am

the-lada-dude, Nov 13, 7:31pm
Morning !yes mrfixit, says NI - MH on caseGives charge rate on case as
15 hrs at100maor 4.5 at 300ma
i'll check that web site fcraTa fellas