Cleaning the exterior of car windows.

Page 2 / 2
tandj3, Nov 15, 4:40am
Methylatedspirits is the best

kazbanz, Nov 15, 4:41am
And then coat all the car surfaces in silicone.--This is a new to the OP car

billybob57, Nov 15, 5:23am
Autosol, magic stuff, cleans glass without scratching, polishes up polished wheels which have oxidation on bright as new, cant remember where I got, Super cheap/ repco or look on here

crab2, Nov 15, 5:43am
I also had a new car 2yrs ago that was imported from Japan and what I did got rid of it all including on my husband's car that was also imported 6 months ago from Japan

kittkat2, Nov 15, 8:08am
I use Glass Science, glass scrub, available at Supercheap. Works.

29wayne, Nov 15, 8:25am
God, Some silly people here - Jif and Brasso are ABRASIVE cleaners. Do NOT use!Taxi drivers use methylated spirits diluted with about ten percent water and a SOFT cloth. (Chamois is best, or an old t-shirt)

gunhand, Nov 15, 8:45am
I was doubtfull of some of these suggestions as well. Then one day during lunch I got the polisher out (for polishing new paint etc) and tossed some cutting cream on the screen and went for it. The screen was due for replacement anyway due to a crack.
well I can tell you it worked quite well, for about two weeks then the film builds up again. Glass is quite hard to damage, unless you use sand I guess.
I also find quality blades help as well.

thewomble1, Nov 15, 8:52am
Cut a spud into slices and wipe over the window.won't scratch.
If you go the brasso way use silvo (sp) not as abrasive
Kero will leave an oil like film.
White spirits/lighter fluid leaves no film.
Used to use tobacco from a cigarette to clean windows but stopped because I gave up smoking.
Claim a new window from the insurance company.