Shane Van G. an enormous loss to the V8's.

Page 2 / 6
jarrod261, Nov 17, 2:22am
Might be cause SBR is leaving ford and going to race the merc.

splinter67, Nov 17, 2:26am
Hmm not realy a ninja just a little boy

elect70, Nov 17, 3:15am
Might turn up in a super tourer likemurphy, guess thepolitics& change of team ownership & directionwas enough.

splinter67, Nov 17, 3:24am
you fellas might want to read this
http://www.speedcafe.com/2012/11/17/shane-van-gisbergen-set-
to-quit-v8-supercars/

splinter67, Nov 17, 3:24am
you fellas might want to read this
http://www.speedcafe.com/2012/11/17/shane-van-gisbergen-set-
to-quit-v8-supercars/

ninja_man, Nov 17, 4:46am
u mad! old grump

leonard57, Nov 17, 6:00am
doesnt matter,all focus will be on the leading v8 nissan for those who can be bothered

kayjoh, Nov 17, 6:16am
Stupid waste of time overseas rounds, useless Dunlop tyres, Boring enduro races now, soft/ hard tyres makes for boring watching let alone being a driver. Hope he`s happy with what ever the future is.

attitudedesignz, Nov 17, 6:16am
Which will still be at the back.

The Kelly's wouldn't know how to get the best out of a car if their lives depended on it. As soon as Larry stopped building their cars and the Kelly's started doing their own they've had the monica of "Kelly Krates".

What makes you think the Nissans will be any different!

splinter67, Nov 17, 6:24am
No not mad I saw what ya posted notice I dont delete posts Im man enough to stand behind what I post how about you

splinter67, Nov 17, 6:25am
+100000000000000

attitudedesignz, Nov 17, 6:26am
Rattla is already building a car for Shane to compete in D1NZ next year.

Here's my prediction.

Shane pulls the pin on SBR/Erebus because of breach of contract (he signed on to drive a Ford for SBR, as neither will happen he has an out)

He spends the next year "playing" at stuff here and in OZ.

2014, he signs with Mr Forklifts (Charlie Schwerkolt of Waverley forklifts) to drive the number 18 car for FPR.

Save this post and re-read it at the start of 2014 & see if i'm wrong.

leonard57, Nov 17, 10:21am
16+18=nissans previous entrance with the godzilla fiasco

pollymay, Nov 17, 3:15pm
I beat him in a race once. This proves I'm the better driver, can someone hand me the contract please! Cheers

the-lada-dude, Nov 17, 6:21pm
you should refrain fromslapping people with your driving gloves, then driving off at speed !

bill-robinson, Nov 17, 7:19pm
Maybe he wants to improve himself. Move to a bigger pond with meaner fish and see how he gets on.Out of tin tops and into real race cars.

chebry, Nov 17, 7:47pm
The little rich kids racing team will do nothing in datsuns they are slow in Holdens putting on yentong panels wont maske them fast

newtec1, Nov 17, 8:44pm
More than likely into S/T,not to mention the Toyota series.

attitudedesignz, Nov 17, 8:51pm
Is that still going! If so why would he take a backwards step in this point of his career!

splinter67, Nov 17, 9:15pm
dont you fellas know anything he is coming home to race quadbikes

splinter67, Nov 17, 10:49pm
quote: Herald Sun

"Considered the next big thing in V8 Supercars, Van Gisbergen, 23, has asked for a release from his contract with Stone Brothers Racing (SBR) to return to New Zealand because he is tired of racing.

SBR and Van Gisbergen are keeping tight-lipped on the request, but The Sunday Telegraph has been told the team will make an announcement as soon as Wednesday.

SBR are understood to be seeking legal advice in a bid to make sure Van Gisbergen can not return to racing with a rival team.

Van Gisbergen fronted teammates as they began preparations for the two races in Winton and told them he was going back to New Zealand to "race his quad bike".

Van Gisbergen and teammate Lee Holdsworth were both caught in controversy last week with a report suggesting they wanted out of SBR ahead of a landmark switch to Mercedes-Benz next year.

Both were reported to be seeking deals with rival teams because of get-out clauses in their contracts triggered by the the change in manufacturer.

Van Gisbergen declined to comment on the report, while Holdsworth took to social media to dismiss it as a rumour.

Van Gisbergen re-signed with the team on a three-year deal this year before the Mercedes/Erebus merger and said he was very happy to stay.

"It's a pretty cool feeling to be able to keep all our relationships going," Van Gisbergen said at the time.

"I definitely think I can win a Championship with SBR, that is the main reason I wanted to stay. I wouldn't have stayed if I didn't think that. Everything is really exciting now and I'm looking forward to continuing to work with SBR and SP Tools."

The V8 pitlane was buzzing with news of the split yesterday, with the 23-year-old set to throw away a promising career and millions of dollars in potential earnings to return to New Zealand."

bellky, Nov 17, 10:51pm
Ever get the feeling noone's listening to you.

attitudedesignz, Nov 17, 10:54pm
They're doing that to stop him signing with Mr Forklifts to run the #18 car with FPR.

Mark my words tho', he'll be in #18 driving for Charlie in 2014.

splinter67, Nov 17, 10:59pm
no but Im sure you do

splinter67, Nov 17, 11:02pm
dont know could be he just wants some time off he has been at it for 5 years maybe he would like a life