Fading of black paint around windows

infinityjrc, Nov 18, 4:49am
Hi roughly how much to repaint around the car windows that have sun fading, is this better done by a car painter!If so are there any recommendations for a good reasonable job on the north shore.
Thanks

kazbanz, Nov 18, 5:05am
Make model and year is helpfull when asking for advice.

gunhand, Nov 18, 5:35am
its a long painfull process to paint them, most of that pain is masking. You spend alot of time masking it all up and its a 10min spray. If you do one do the whole lot as the new fresh one will make the rest look worse. And most of the time its a semi gloss finish as well.
But the effect at the end if done correctly is very nice and makes the car look great again.

xpfairmont, Nov 18, 6:27am
I done a Nissan Primera once with a spray can and it looked great, but I've done a lot of painting before. and like gunhand says, a lot of time masking etc. I was fussy and pulled the doors half apart to get the window rubbers out. Also done it to an old XF Fairmont. That was a really big job as it requires a really straight masked line on polished stainless steel. but looked really good!

edangus, Nov 18, 6:50am
I've always found it a piece of piss job (but agree most of ya time is spent masking). From a can or from a gun its pretty easy. In the late 80s (when it became the rage) most vehicles left the shop with a touch up of this part, clients loved it (I agree its probably a wee bit trickier on some post 2000 rides).

infinityjrc, Nov 18, 8:28am
Hi its a Nissan X trail it is quite badly faded.

franc123, Nov 18, 8:38am
I've always given the car a good wash first, given the areas to be painted a good wet rubover with green scotchbrite, rinsed them off, let dry, masked the areas off, prepsoled and given them a medium coat of a good quality aerosol enamel semigloss. Works fine. While you're at it pull the wiper arms off and give them the same treatment, its phenomenal how much better this makes your vehicle look.