Passengers on a trailer

Page 2 / 2
steve56467, Nov 24, 1:21am
Oh FFS I don't think Johansen is going to ticket the floats in theInvercargill Christmas parade morrisman.

flashgordon_nz, Nov 24, 1:45am
pubcrawls normally involves walking, bikes, or mini bus's.

elect70, Nov 24, 2:17am
yeah plods say all mustbe in secure mounted seating &seat belts .Even towing a trailer behind quad onbeach with kids on the plods getheavy .

msigg, Nov 24, 3:35am
just do it, if everybody followed the law to the letter, we would have to sit still and do nothing. What a life that would be.Embrace life as you see fit.

red97, Nov 24, 4:27am
msigg wrote:
just do it, if everybody followed the law to the letter, we would have to sit still and do nothing. What a life that would be.Embrace life as you see fit.[/quot

totally agree however people getting on and off a trailer that is stopping and starting presents a lot more hazards then a truck so some measures may need to be put in place, i imagine if you had made an effort to make it safe they would be more inclined to turn a blind eye but if it is blatantly dangerous they would become liable if they didnt act.

sr2, Nov 24, 5:20am
LOL, I think that one went over his head.!

theram1, Nov 24, 5:40am
Recently a young girl fell from the back of a ute and died, sometimes it is good to "let the PC plonkers control your life". If in doubt drive past a highway Patrol car with them on the trailer they might answer your question.

nightboss, Nov 25, 2:41am
Are you referring to the girl that fell off her Dad's ute on a beach near Dargaville!

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm!c_id=1&objectid=10847822

There are a lot more issues than just seatbelts with this example.

theram1, Nov 25, 2:50am
No. Not Dargaville.

nightboss, Nov 25, 2:57am
Where then, link to article please.

theram1, Nov 25, 3:00am
T.V news, In the past year, girl about 10 years old girl fell from her friends fathers ute and died. Link or not it happened.

nightboss, Nov 25, 4:06am
Yes I remember the incident you are referring to that happened "recently" (18 months ago).

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm!c_id=1&objectid=10722663.

Not a trailer as this thread is about though.

johnf_456, Nov 25, 4:10am
Same logic applies

theram1, Nov 25, 4:13am
Trailer,ute, still Abel to fall off and die. Would be class as riding in a unsafe position.

nightboss, Nov 25, 4:24am
Similar logic, but not the same.

I have a copy of the "Volunteer Helpers pack" from this afternoons Auckland Farmers Santa Parade.
There are very clear rules outlining safety in and around vehicles and floats.
As the largest Santa parade in NZ with a very good safety record, the guidelines allow for safe fun without the fun police ruining it for all.

johnf_456, Nov 25, 4:25am
Santa parades are a different kettle of fish.

theram1, Nov 25, 4:39am
The question that started the thread does not mention santa parade.

nightboss, Nov 25, 4:41am
Actually this thread is about Santa Parades - read the OP's post at No.9.

Utes and/or trailers on farms, beaches, etc are a whole different subject that may beworthy of a thread of their own, start another thread if you care to but it is not what the OP was asking about.