1995 Nissan Maximas

retropearl, Nov 25, 8:24am
What are these like for reliability! I know the speedos can have issues but is this an easy fix! I have a2.4 Mitsi Grandis, would it be more thirstier then that being a v6! it would be a town runabout to replace my wife's 2 door 1994 Ford Laser lynx hatchback as prefer 4 door as easier for kids to get in and out of. Will be looking at one next week as been offered quite cheapish, owner for past 11 years and will maintained and regulary serviced. oh, it's done 180k

matarautrader, Nov 25, 9:20am
We had a 95 Cefiro, basically the same but 2.5 litres. Had it 9 years, apart from bulbs, tyres, WOF etc cost us $60 for you guessed it a speedo. Everything worked except the odometer. Most reliable car we ever had. Got about 7-8 litres/100km on a trip, about 10 litres/100km around town. Only sold it as we wore it out.

stevexc, Nov 25, 9:38am
1995 could be the older J30 shape or the newer A32 shape.Either way they aren't known for unreliability so should be ok, just get it checked out.

The older ones with the VG30E engine were thirsty as hell around town but they were nice and smooth.I've had a 1992 Maxima and a 1996 Gloria with that engine in it and they went through about the same amount of gas as my 5.0 Fairmont does!.Not sure about the newer VQ30DE engine but I've heard nothing but good things about it.Should be better on fuel too.

franc123, Nov 25, 9:49am
Good cars generally but not really suitable as a round town runabout, you would be better off looking for something similar in size to what you have, maybe a 99 upwards Astina/Laser would suit better.

retropearl, Nov 25, 9:49am
great, thanks!

thewomble1, Nov 26, 11:47am
So that is why we have so many Maxima as taxi's in Wellington.