New windscreen?

cmjury1, Nov 27, 3:48am
my odo is electronic and usually turns off when the key turns off but i had a new windscreen put in and now it stays on when the key turns off,does anyone know would this have been caused by the new windscreen put in or just a fault!

intrade, Nov 27, 3:50am
what car! usually windscreens of older cars are not wired to the engine computer.

cmjury1, Nov 27, 3:55am
2000 ford laser

cmjury1, Nov 27, 4:24am
smith and smith asked if it was rain sensitive winscreen but i have no idea wat that is,i think ill take it down to the suto electrician and ask him but i thought someone on here might have an idean what it could be before i do

vtecintegra, Nov 27, 5:14am
Are you sure it didn't always stay on!

cmjury1, Nov 27, 5:21am
yep,someone has suggested a loose or pinched wire

morrisman1, Nov 27, 5:34am
smith and smith would explain it, I have experienced nothing but poor workmanship from them over the years. Broken clips, didn't connect the electric windows, scratches on paint to name a few incidents.

supernova2, Nov 27, 5:47am
Did they have to pull the dashto do the screen as otherwise what could they have managed to damage just cutting out a screen and glueing the new one in!Mind you it is S&S so just about anything could have happened.Just out of interest is the new screen full of distortion and weird waves etc!If not S&S didnt do the job!

jason18, Nov 27, 5:55am
The odometer always stays on from every car I have driven!

a18a, Nov 27, 5:58am
maybe it's been broken all this time and they fixed it for you

tandj3, Nov 27, 8:28am
Smith and smith probably cut through some wires they do it all the time one of the poorest places out for workmanship

johnf_456, Nov 27, 11:19am
Join the club, I have had clips broke inside the boot lid so you end up getting lovely cut up knuckle getting that annoying clip. So you that don't get annoying noises. Then coming out with the wrong glass twice or trying to put glass in that is worse that is whats in the car.

whqqsh, Nov 27, 4:38pm
agree re the scratches on (new!) paint, would rather poke myself in the eye with fork than use them

elect70, Nov 28, 3:19am
& they dontclean thecrap offof the top of the dashitgets intotheheater ducts etc & have rattles that drive you mad . Dearer thanNovus agents& piss poorwork . Novus even do it at home for you.

sr2, Nov 28, 7:26am
Try again in English!