Rust bubble, will it fail?

_dwat_, Nov 28, 9:54am
Im looking at buying my mates mini, its been off the road for a while, reg is on hold, ive taken a photo of 2 rust bubbles, are these fail-able for wof or will it scrape through! also boot lid has little bump and in one door just below window

http://s1311.beta.photobucket.com/user/n_c_holas/media/rust.png.html!sort=3&o=0

thanks

meathead_timaru, Nov 28, 10:02am

mm12345, Nov 28, 10:18am
The photos work, and yes - it's a fail.

morrisjvan, Nov 28, 10:22am
they will be the tip of the iceberg , it had better be real cheap !

_dwat_, Nov 28, 10:36am
bugger lol, being only a light bubble(dosent go through), can it just be stripped back and filled, or will it need to be spot welded or cut/patched! ive had another mini before thats had rust in the bottom of both doors, outside hinge side which icut/patched as rust went all the way through, along with alot of other rust all over.

the rest of the body is pretty good, im not a fan of the purple though ( the mrs is lol)

its a 1275 A series engine, hasnt gone around the clock either. he only wants a grand for it.

msigg, Nov 28, 6:14pm
So long as the warrant place dosn't notice it then it can be repaired by yourself. Once they noyice it you may need to get a reputable repairer. Throw some roof racks on there and a bit of dirt you be right. They all gone overboard with this stuff, in the name of safety. its really only to get the older cars off the road. Thats my opinion of coarse.

msparts, Nov 28, 6:42pm
For $1000 take it while you can, im not a mini fan but thats CHEAP

floscey, Nov 28, 6:42pm
patch it yourself before the wof shop get their hooks into it .Once it goes on file they will be all over it.

smac, Nov 28, 6:47pm
Holy crap if you don't want it send me his details. $1k for a registered 1275 mini is cheeaaaap. You can replace every panel on the thing and still be ahead.

motorboy2011, Nov 28, 7:29pm
If it goes in file it doesn't matter, it won't say where the rust was/is specifically.