Vz commodore immobilser

roxy244, Dec 3, 6:27am
Hi there, immobilser. this is periodic, eg leave the car in the shed for a week, its started straight away, stop up town, the put the key back in the ignition, the immobilser is on, push the button on the key and it goes, seems a bit odd that it only does it occasionally, only had the car a few weeks. any ideas!

albundy, Dec 3, 7:37am
When you say you stop up town - do you lock the car with the remote or do you just close the door and leave it unlocked!.If you don't push the button on the remote and lock the car, after a certain time period the immobiliser will activate itself,hence you will need to push the button to start the car.

kingfisher21, Dec 3, 8:16am
As above, don't use the key to lock or unlock the car, use the buttons on the remote.

roxy244, Dec 4, 4:36am
Hi ya, both really I left it unlocked at the petrol station, the other time i locked it went into the shop, then unlocked it with the remote and I still had to push the button on the remote.

treachug, Dec 4, 5:25am
Take it to your local Holden dealer & get it checked. It may be in the BCM settings settings or simply a faulty key head.
Doesnt matter if you lock with remote or manually with key - the little metal pointer part on the end of the keyhead contacts the keyreader ring around ignition barrel & the BCM reads the keyhead, acknowledging correct keyhead etc meaning you dont have to push any button on the remote before it starts. (having to press the remote before being able to start if manually unlocked was from the old VP Commodore era)

roxy244, Dec 4, 6:08am
thank you everybody