Speedo vp commodore

rmcgrath, Nov 3, 5:02am
took dash out as needle fell off petrol gauge (lol) when i put it back togeather speedo needle droped below 0 there seems no pin to hold it there now reading about 20 km out . What to do thanks people

gmphil, Nov 3, 5:44am
pick a part get nother guage or hole instroment panel

owene, Nov 3, 8:45am
Kin u reed or rite eh wot! u not heered teecha et skol.!

rmcgrath, Nov 4, 4:49am
it wont stay in 1 postion anyserious ideas please

owene, Nov 4, 5:08am
Just drive 20kph faster. No big deal.

pollymay, Nov 5, 4:40am
Pull it off and put it back at zero, I've had my dash apart heaps. They just push on

rmcgrath, Nov 5, 11:02pm
speedo didnt come off just went below 0 mark

franc123, Nov 5, 11:52pm
DIY speedo calibration, hook up a GPS and put the instrument cluster back in the dash without the lense on it with one or two screws and drive the car at 50kph or as close as you can get to it, hold it at that speed and push the needle back on.Take it up to 100kph and check the speeds again and reposition the needle as necessary.Try driving on several different roads north south east and west and see if there is still any error between the readings, if you are prepared to have several goes at it you can get them within 3 kph of each other across all speeds and in all directions, I've done two of my cars like this when they were out and it worked.

pollymay, Nov 6, 2:21am
So reset it to zero by pulling the needle and putting it back on right. The needle can spin on the pin it sits on if you bump it or it's a little loose, it won't spin back though cause it got there due to hitting the reach of travel, pin stops and the needle just rotates around it. Doesn't go back the other way because the pin freespins the other way so the needle just takes it with it like normal.

Think that makes sense

drew2009, Feb 2, 1:41pm
super glue