Falcon xr6 4FA 2002

bulldogod, Dec 4, 10:49pm
Can anyone give any feedback on this model. Looking for a ford or holden and no idea about the differant models!

franc123, Dec 4, 11:45pm
You better start by stating whether its an AU3 or BA, while obviously related they are two very different vehicles with different issues. 4FA only means 4 speed floor automatic.

bulldogod, Dec 5, 4:06am
its a AU3

steve98h, Dec 5, 5:07am
au3 is a good car. had some issues with the vct but other then that there pretty good

gunhand, Dec 5, 5:24am
I own one, have done for a year now.Fuel use measured correctly doing 100kph on all kinds of road = 176kms for 18.18ltrs of fuel. Thats 5 people gear and 4 stops. Check for an annoying rattle in the dash when cold. Check tyres inside edges. Check for any oil leak, especially around water pump area where its pools and don't jump to the wrong idea if has a leak. Not a big fix as Ive found out.They are hard riding but nice on smooth roads.Check for any rust in boot lid where water pools if the drains get blocked. Check inside boot hinge area as well and under the rear parcel tray.
Check all window switchs several times.If you have to get a wheel alignment make sure they know what there doing. Take iton a short trip stop and restart it. Check air con is working as well.Check all door handles to see there no stiff or creaking.
Mines never let me down apart from oil leak from a bolt in timing but as i said a simple fix.There not a well put together car as most aussie things arn't but they go well and oddly enough a good one is holding its price better than the BAs.

bulldogod, Dec 5, 5:39am
Thanks for that gunhand

craig04, Dec 5, 5:49am
We've had ours for a year now too. I agree with everything gunhand said. we bought it over a BA because it has a little more character. Overall, it's been a good car.

kingfisher21, Dec 5, 6:21am
+1 for gunhands post, we owned one for around 3 years, towed everything that was put behind it with ease, wish I still had it.