4 different brand tyres

cocabowla, Mar 7, 8:26am
and the astina drove slightly floaty,changed from steel wheels & 13's to factory alloys and 14's today (now have matched set of toyo's) .
the tread depths were 3, 6, 9 & 10mm, no doubt tyre pressures are all different to. lol

quickbuck, Mar 7, 8:35am
Bl00dy hell. Astinas handle reasonably well normally. Shocks me how some people simply don't give a stuff. Good on you for sorting it out.

cocabowla, Mar 7, 9:03am
my pet hate when it comes to cars is mismatched brands of tyres, sure they may be the same size but will be made with differing methods , compounds etc even the specs between brands can vary quite a few mm

supernova2, Mar 7, 9:17am
Had a mate in the 70'swho purchased 2nd hand one of those "Radial Tuned Suspension" commodores from the Holden dealer.It drove like a pig.Took it back and back and back.I think they just about rebuilt the front end then the shop forman said "i Wonder".Grabbed a new one off the lot and pinched the wheels and tires - Problem solved.Who knows what tires were on my mates but a new set of whatever the factory fitment was fixed the problem.Sometimes the factory does know best me thinks.

johnf_456, Mar 7, 10:49am
Tell me about it, some people just have no clue. Do it right or don't bother in my opinion. I just got 2 new tyres for one of the new cars here.

icemans1, Mar 7, 11:46am
if i can't get the EXACTLY the same tyre that i'm replacing, i get a new set

net_oz, Mar 7, 4:28pm
I keep them all the same here too. When one needs replacing i get 4 new ones. Only thing that holds the car on the road so has to be the best.

cocabowla, Mar 7, 8:35pm
surprised me though asking around tyre shops on here the amount that came back with "yeh we could do a set of similar tyres non-directional " or we have 2 only but could do new ones ( in a brand never heard of before ) , if i'd wanted new no name tyres i would have asked ! lol

doomy999, Dec 7, 7:25pm
R.I.P dude!

electromic, Dec 7, 11:08pm
Different brands and tread depth.those cars are lucky. I have seen cars with 4 different size tyres.The worst car had 2 13" rims with different size tyres on the passenger side, a 14" on the right front and a 15" on the right rear, all bald.
That car (Lancer 1998) = death! Glad I checked it out before (not) buying it.

mrfxit, Dec 7, 11:11pm
NICE to get a full set . WHEN you can spare AND justify the cash outlay for your driving style & distance etc

Yea . REAL nice.
Yes it's an ideal situation but a lot of folks can't spend that sort of cash on a set when they only need 1 for buzzing around town.

mrfxit, Dec 7, 11:12pm
Couldn't care less IF . the rest of the car was good & WHAT I NEEDED & at the RIGHT price

mrfxit, Dec 7, 11:16pm
About that time, was when radials were 1st really getting some market share.
There were still a lot of the older ppl that grew up with conventional (cross ply) tyres that HATED radials because they 'looked half flat' & would happily swap out a full set of radials for cross plys.
maybe thats what happened to that Holden.

doomy999, Dec 8, 12:23am
was your post aimed at the original poster mrfixit!
If so I dont think he'll reply.
I wondered why we hadnt heard anymore posts for cocabowla!Unfortunately he is no longer in the land of the living. He passed away some months back.

mrfxit, Dec 8, 1:04am
LOL tends to suit a few different attitudes

doomy999, Dec 8, 1:05am
eh!

johnmd1, Dec 8, 8:29pm
Yea, coca was cool . . . . . . rip mate