Wheel clamper!

Page 1 / 2
flashgordon_nz, Dec 13, 8:48am
Just came across this on facebook, a video about a wheel claper that has been hitting headlines in NP.
To be fair, in the text, and final minute of the video, he presents some well balanced views.
http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=PaZJF9NOPqo

tigra, Dec 13, 8:50am
Evidently there is a clamper (I think in Chch ) who is being investigated by the Police. Doesnt have a security permit and is charged with assault. Name is Clout. Its really time these clowns were licensed.

flashgordon_nz, Dec 13, 8:53am
nah, not chch- thats the NP bloke in this Video!

mokaubach, Dec 13, 5:41pm
It's my understanding that KCL Propertieshire this clown to do this. All I do in return is boycott the Richmond Centre, have done for years. If he clamped my car I would gas cut them off.

trader_84, Dec 13, 6:22pm
I thought there could be a pinga generating opportunity for someone with a suitably equipped vehicle and a cell phone. His equipment would consist of primarily a battery powered angle grinder fitted with a cutoff wheel. After a bit of practice I thought he??

tigra, Dec 13, 6:37pm
Too risky- could get sued for damage to the clamper. Better somebody equiped with a jack and a universal wheel bracethat can remove the wheel with clamp in position.

splinter67, Dec 13, 6:41pm
Is this your new business venture trader portable plasma cutter would be better

flack88, Dec 13, 7:46pm
One day that POS going clamp the wrong person,and is going to end badly for him!

floscey, Dec 13, 7:51pm
remove wheel , put on spare and take his clamp home .

trade4us2, Dec 13, 8:10pm
If our vehicle is clamped illegally, would it help if we clamp the clamper's vehicle until he undoes ours!

splinter67, Dec 13, 8:23pm
Probably not but hell yes that would be frikin funny would love to see his face

trogedon, Dec 13, 9:04pm
Yep, not everyone is as patient as the video'er

gypsyguy, Dec 13, 9:26pm
Though some of those wheel clamps actually cover the wheel nuts, meaning you can't take the wheel off either.

n1smo_gtir, Dec 13, 9:35pm
Have a dc to ac transformer in car. Chuck a angle grinder with cut of wheel in boot n ya sorted.

floscey, Dec 13, 9:37pm
get a rogue towey to hook up the clamper for illegal parking while hes putting on the clamp." thats a hundy n fiddy mateor see me at the yard".

trade4us2, Dec 13, 10:20pm
I have a 500 watt angle grinder and a 1500 watt inverter in my boot.
I could hire them out for $10 while I take photos of the clamper.

7of9, Dec 14, 1:39am
Nuh just a semi decent "jaws of life" should do it & no sparks

rsr72, Dec 14, 2:10am
So, National's policy of 'self-regulation' for the clamping crooks is working, eh!

aktow, Dec 14, 12:55pm
i like when clampers say if you do not pay up you will be towed,,,, wrong, wrong wrong,,,no tow firm will hook up a car if the owner is at the car. all you need to do is sit in the car,, they cannot ask you to get out of the car.
my mother's friend got clamped at westfield. i told her not to pay the clamper and sit in the car. then i rang westfield and asked for the manager,, i told him if the clamps were not removed i would be coming to see him . the clamp was removed

mokaubach, Dec 14, 5:26pm
I quite like the concept of having some suitable product stored in the car like 5 minute Araldite to squirt into the locks so he has to cut them off due to not being able to insert the key.

dasfi, Dec 15, 9:07am
I always carry my 18V angle grinder with me

thejazzpianoma, Dec 15, 9:14am
There is a guy overseas (U.K I think) that does this for free, wears a superhero costume as well!
Have a look on youtube and you will likely find him.

n1smo_gtir, Dec 15, 11:53am
great business idea=D

nicolaas3, Dec 15, 8:30pm
Apparently all you have to do is to deflate your tyre and the clamp will come off.

mrfxit, Dec 15, 8:54pm
Depends on how tight it was put on