Looking at buying a Holden Captiva .

Page 2 / 2
chovik, Dec 15, 6:17am
Mazdabater doesn't refer specifically to the CX4.Craptiva refers specifically to the Captiva.and your point to help the OP was!

splinter67, Dec 15, 6:30am
What was your point because some Australian calls a car bad we are all supposed to agree with them ausie motoring and Nz motoring two completely different things the yanks used to say hondas where the best way to get rid of your wife does that mean we shouldn't buy them

jillsdolls, Dec 15, 7:18am
You lot are not helping LOL. But thanks for your input. I was hoping to hear from Captiva owners!

gunhand, Dec 15, 7:22am
You rarely do get actuall owners, only here say and innuendo.BUT sometimes actuall mechanics who service them may come along and give the real story.
For every tail of woe you will get a tail of good.
And if ya buying new you get a warrenty of course.

jillsdolls, Dec 15, 7:36am
Thanks gunhand yes all the brandnew cars we have been test driving come with warrentys.

merrigj, Dec 15, 7:57am
I am one and can't fault it.The 7 seats are excellent which you won't get with the CX4.The diesel version is very economical.If you were comparing the CX7 to the captivaI would go CX7 but not when comparing the CX4.

treachug, Dec 15, 8:17am
Go with the Captiva diesel option - only saying that as I worked for Holden dealer for many years & am biased.lol. The new sidi model is a rocket ship apparently & economical to boot. The Mazda must have its good points as well! But like what gunhand wrote - everyone has their opinion - possibly even half of them on here havent even driven either vehicles you have test driven. Its what you like & feel comfortable in/with as you are buying it & are the one driving it

zoltec45, Dec 17, 6:22am
So you would know of the current bad run of oil leaks from sumps and front covers on the diesel captiva then!
Timing chains stretching and the Holden warranty fix is a software update to get them through the warranty period on all current SIDI V6 motors!

The only way I would be caught in one of those was if it was free.
Coming from working on both, OP you will be dissapointed going from trouble free motoring in the Maz to the Captiva.

carstauranga001, Dec 17, 6:30am
Don't know what a CX4 is but I would buy a CX5 over a Captiva. Your trade price will be lower on the discounted Captiva so go to check out both, tell them you are looking around and ask for their best "change over" figure drive away.

carstauranga001, Dec 17, 6:33am
That is sooooo 1980 something. We about to enter 2013, get on the same page!

edangus, Dec 17, 6:45am
My 2 cents (in rank and file) CX5/7, Outlander, Territory, Captiva

mcscottwgtn, Dec 18, 4:25am
I have driven the Mazda CX5 and the Skoda Yeti. The CX5 is sweet, but I preferred the Yeti. I wouldn't waste my time going into a Holden dealership, but that's just my prejustice of perceived lack of reliability or ending up with some cheap nasty GM/Korean mash up barge. Drive them all if you are open minded - then make up your own mind.
I understand Holden may be bringing in the GM/Vauxhall Mokka in shortly. I think this may be a euro suv opposed to an aussie or korean barge. Could be a winner.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/6304313/Mini-SUV-battle-lines-drawn

mcscottwgtn, Dec 18, 4:25am
I have driven the Mazda CX5 and the Skoda Yeti. The CX5 is sweet, but I preferred the Yeti. I wouldn't waste my time going into a Holden dealership, but that's just my prejustice of perceived lack of reliability or ending up with some cheap nasty GM/Korean mash up barge. Drive them all if you are open minded - then make up your own mind.
I understand Holden may be bringing in the GM/Vauxhall Mokka in shortly. I think this may be a euro suv opposed to an aussie or korean barge. Could be a winner.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/6304313/Mini-SUV-battle-lines-drawn

mcscottwgtn, Dec 18, 4:30am

mcscottwgtn, Dec 18, 4:30am

zoltec45, Dec 18, 5:04am
Check out the Kia Sorento if your looking at the Captiva. Save yourself $8k+ or youll get the top spec model for the same money as a the lowest spec captiva.