Engine light comes on in nissan sunny 2000

Page 1 / 2
aucklandking, Dec 22, 8:12am
comes on from time to time, has been doing it for a while & car goes well ,so why & can i stop it!

thunderbolt, Dec 22, 8:16am
Fix the fault that is causing the light to come on.
Take it to a workshop and get It scanned for fault codes

aucklandking, Dec 22, 8:18am
how bout i disconnect the battery & reconnect it, will that reset it!

pettal, Dec 22, 8:23am

pettal, Dec 22, 8:23am

aucklandking, Dec 22, 8:30am
thanks pettal, didnt think ofthat, i shall get some tape tomorrow to hide it,most annoying

nz2293, Dec 22, 8:38am
ignore it when the engine blows then you will have your answer

aucklandking, Dec 22, 8:40am
bloody helpful arent ya.NOT

crudeawakening, Dec 22, 9:30am
Well said. they didn't spend millions of dollars putting that light there for your amusement ;)

dent, Dec 22, 10:23am
so the op dosnt want to fix the problem just dosnt want to see the light. Sounds like putting a sticking plaster on a 4 inch cut.

lugee, Dec 22, 10:28am
Either you ignore the light, potentially causing further damage. Or you get the ECU scanned for the fault code. Then use that information to find and fix the underlying issue.

aucklandking, Dec 23, 8:24pm
mate, its been doing that for over a year & still all good, only comes on when it feels like it,i think a plaster will do da trick just fine :)

eagles9999, Dec 23, 8:27pm
Maybe you should describe how and when the light comes on.

kazbanz, Dec 23, 9:43pm
Are you serious or just having a bit of fun!
If you are just having a bit of fun no worries.
If you are serious let us know and someone will explain it to you without getting sarcastic.

tigra, Dec 23, 10:51pm
Its that time of ther year kaz whenall the idiots come out to play. Still if they are on nhere then they are not a danger on the roads

the-lada-dude, Dec 23, 11:26pm
yet your the dork that has been using the car for how LONG ! phisssst ! what a monkey, you've been told what to do, now go away you time waster

theram1, Dec 23, 11:31pm
Are you serious or just having a bit of fun!
If you are just having a bit of fun no worries.
If you are serious let us know and someone will explain it to you without getting sarcastic.

kazbanz (30 )10:43 am, Mon 24 Dec #13

Did you look at the link that is posted above!.

xs1100, Dec 24, 1:18am
have had the same on a little pulsar the fan switch broke so just disconnected it fans run constantly and the light got covered by some tape (tridon no longer do the switch obsolete for the ga15de) only 1/2 a million of them running round

aucklandking, Dec 24, 6:25am
u got a cheeky mouth the-lada-dude,why dont u come dwn here to wanganui & tell me that

aucklandking, Dec 24, 6:26am
& i bet your the bigger dork in this life sunnyjim

aucklandking, Dec 24, 6:27am
oh i m serious cher

taipan4, Dec 24, 6:29am
now now boys tis the season to be jolly take 5 & go and stand in the naughty corner both of ewes baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

aucklandking, Dec 24, 6:40am
all good taipan 4

snoopy221, Dec 24, 6:59am
Well being a nissan it is within the realms of possibility it could have logged a fault code from poor soldering in the air flow meter.
NOW-Irrespective of how it has run for the last 12 months.
The FACT remains that should the fault logged by the engine management computer become worse and cause the engine to instantly stop.
Will it be YOU driving-and will it be in a situation where a complete engine failure causes an accident!
Or someone close to YOU driving!
Either way - why not FIX the problem-and get the REASON for the light checked by having it scanned!

aucklandking, Dec 24, 7:03am
bcaus, its dun 208ks & i dnt wanna spend good muny on it as i wanna trade it soon