Ford Falcon EB manual

sterid01, Dec 24, 5:01am
Hi all ,merry christmas

I have just put a 5 speed man in my EB and was wondering if anyone knew the best way to bypass the neutral safety switch , do I just join up the wires or
is it best to remove the loom for the auto , also there doesn't seem to be anywhere to connect the manual gearbox wiring loom ,

also im having trouble installing the clutch cable , I can't get it to fit so its nice and straight and not touching the motor .

Cheers

unbeatabull, Dec 24, 5:13am
Most I've seen loop it forward of the firewall, then run it down through the crossmember and steering rack then to the gearbox to keep away from engine.

intrade, Dec 24, 5:30am
i would remove the automatic trans wiring loom if its is not intigrated with the engine computer.

sterid01, Dec 24, 5:33am
Will this disengage the neutral safety switch .

intrade, Dec 24, 5:36am
its probably tied in to the engine computer , i dont know enough about this but would be good if you had a wiring diagram or a manual engine wiring harness.
you myght also find loads more problems like odometer and gearchange issues with no feedback from the non existing auto trans.

sterid01, Dec 24, 5:44am
I have the wiring harness for the gearbox , but I shouldn't have to change the entire wiring loom you would think , yeah and I might have to get a diagram too ,

Also I forgot to mention that it's for a race car so I just need it to go , A speedo would be nice but not essential .
Thanks

sterid01, Dec 24, 5:44am
I have the wiring harness for the gearbox , but I shouldn't have to change the entire wiring loom you would think , yeah and I might have to get a diagram too ,

Also I forgot to mention that it'sa race car so I just need it to go , A speedo would be nice but not essential .
Thanks

sterid01, Dec 25, 12:10am
Ok ive got the clutch cable sorted but still no luck with the loom.

granada, Dec 25, 3:07am
Should be able to bypass the inhibitor switch. As its a race car run a new wire from the start position of the ignition switch to the small terminal on the starter motor or to the relay if ones fitted. Presume you dont need reverse lights either.